金钱
0 £
注册时间
2014-3-11
发表于 2016-6-29 21:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
安忍 | Heroic Perseverance

" e! w9 I, Z9 }) B3 r1 z多部经论都认为安忍是六度中最难修持圆满的。《入菩萨行论》云:“罪恶莫过嗔,难行莫
# ?) M" K- i4 M; A胜忍,故应以众理,努力修安忍。”在世间也有“忍字头上一把刀”的说法。" ~  w+ g9 [/ q. {+ Q, Q" x
Scores of sutras and shastras state that patience, or heroic perseverance, is the most difficult to
5 `9 H. F1 |0 P: Aaccomplish among the Six Perfections. Thus A Guide to the Bodhisattva Way of Life says:' k9 d, T+ L) `; V0 _
There is no evil similar to anger and no austerity equal to forbearance., v2 g8 y8 s+ B4 y: Y
Thus I should strive in all ways to develop forbearance, with great effort.
, V* i& V! S! h3 T( R9 _尤其面对无缘无故的侮辱,无中生有的诽谤,很多的修行人都难以做到如如不动,视若虹3 x* h) s5 B- ?; r
霓。# }* j8 a; q' t' d" L5 t
It’s also common to say: “The Chinese ideogram ‘patience’ is epitomized by having a knife ! ?  y, x0 T# ~4 R
dangling over your head.” When being insulted unjustifiably or slandered for no reason, hardly
* R3 p- j* c, L# manyone, many spiritual practitioners included, can remain undisturbed while seeing the attacks - M- ]! j- M$ e2 D
as insubstantial rainbows.  y+ k# E1 N0 z8 x% N( U
本师释迦牟尼佛曾转世为一外道仙人,名忍力,他发愿永远不对任何众生生嗔恨心。当时
7 l/ z& j( j' M$ V4 P) Q  s有一恶意魔王为摧毁忍力的安忍之法,就幻化出专门毁坏别人安忍功德之一千人,用咒语
% x3 s6 A2 ~" K# s& o诅咒忍力,用妄语肆意对忍力横加诽谤,还在大庭广众之中用常人难以启齿之言词羞辱他
4 r0 u6 O1 y- g. v' k。这些人还于忍力行、住、坐、卧之时加害于他,如此等非理之行竟持续长达八万四千年
# u: y2 `0 L- @0 h之久。# s: H4 o/ _% v8 B) \9 d8 `# H! M: K9 j
Buddha Shakyamuni was once reborn as a rishi named Patience Power who had vowed never to 0 p0 |7 p3 ?+ T# M; ]) F! a
get angry at any beings. Mara, intending to destroy the quality Patience Power had attained,
' |4 E$ a% ~" K, d7 J. |( D# G) Y7 vmanifested one thousand beings who knew exactly how to demolish the perseverance quality of
: w' H7 J% }% x; k- k( dothers. They cursed him with malicious mantras, defamed him recklessly with false accusations,
' J' I9 y" V; n9 u! g! Xand humiliated him in public with unspeakable sordid words. They inflicted harm on him in all his 9 ]9 p# ]: N% n; D! S
activities of walking, sitting, standing, and sleeping; these kinds of horrendous attacks continued   X# c$ n; i7 F. }/ }
for 84,000 years.- A$ l- Y* g; [
当仙人前往城市之时,这些恶性众生竟用不净粪浇洒在仙人头上、所捧钵孟中以及衣服上
% ?% p: C# g/ s9 O- B  B+ G# a,还用扫帚猛击其头部,但他根本没有生起丝毫的嗔恨心与报复之意。不管别人如何待他
3 @& l! ?: l7 Q- [9 t" \,他从未想过以牙还牙,从未怒目相向,从未恶口相加,甚至诸如“我到底做错何事”之类' |1 w0 H+ u. s# M' L! l
言词都未曾说过。并且心中暗自发愿:为难以调伏之众生利益,我誓修无上菩提,一定要& n" P& t# [0 u) b0 l- {
首先度化此等众生。
& o* T6 B4 l1 x: T1 ZWhen rishi Patience Power went to town, these unruly assailants sprayed putrid feces over his # q* w2 t; Z' J) L
head, into his begging bowl, and onto his clothes, and even hit his head forcefully with brooms. 2 `' H) D( H' g5 t$ A
But Patience Power never had a trace of anger arise in him, nor did he have the slightest . A2 R8 U9 O- G- n$ x& C$ J
intention of revenge. No matter what assault was afflicted upon him, he never thought of 6 C/ a; L8 ^8 A6 O
avenging an eye for an eye, nor did he cast furious glares or use harsh words. Questions such as: . i5 \; Y$ R9 R4 m- ?0 f, a  g% O
“What have I done wrong?” were not heard from him either. Instead, he made his wishes , T+ u- g- J9 h
silently: “For benefiting these recalcitrant beings, I vow to practice the Dharma to attain supreme + F9 J9 z2 K. Z; c; N
enlightenment. Thereafter, my top priority will be to lead these beings to Buddhahood.”1 ?% a" P- c* u
日本的白隐禅师也以修安忍而着称于世。曾经有位姑娘与一男子有染而生下一子,姑娘怕. T* Y! P. W# P. ^
虔信佛法的父母谴责,就告知父母乃白隐禅师所为。因其父母对白隐禅师一直尊敬有加,
0 `; U& M& N# \以为此法可免父母责难。这可害苦了白隐禅师,不明真相的父母听信女儿谗言,抱着刚生& G; V9 b" ~- V8 Y
下的婴儿,扔给白隐禅师并说道:“你这个败坏佛门清规戒律的假和尚,以前我们没有看清) Q4 u% Y( U4 f! Y
你的丑恶面目,蒙受你的欺骗。没想到你竟然做出如此禽兽不如的勾当,这是你的儿子,+ s: c3 {- P7 n2 [" [9 H" q
你拿去吧!” 白隐禅师淡淡地说了声:“是这样吗?”就默默地接过孩子。姑娘的父母更以为
/ V/ K1 a* I* o没有冤枉白隐禅师,便将此事到处传播。人们一刹那间都知道了白隐禅师的“丑恶行径”,* @3 h- ^# b6 T! I3 X& i
纷纷白眼相视。
" [, d! @7 Z" QZen Master Bai Yin of Japan is noted for his accomplishment in patience. There was once a young ; q$ G; o5 n$ U% X
maiden who gave birth to a baby sired by her boyfriend. To avoid being punished by her parents ' m3 M- w8 ?+ k( V  @) ]6 w( w
who were devout Buddhists, she lied to them that the baby’s father was the Zen master. As her , O- p* F  W" @2 ?$ t
parents had high respect for the master, the maiden thought she could be vindicated. Little did % t- Y- q6 w# Q3 Z7 ]( c- `$ w
she know that her account brought tremendous hardship for Master Bai Yin. Her parents, 4 i1 T+ X- o, o5 B! C# G6 q* f
ignorant of the facts and believing their daughter, brought the newborn infant to the master and
! Z1 S" x+ P2 w: {' X" ]" W1 ysaid, “You fake monk, you have transgressed the precepts of the Buddha; we had been blind to % w6 F9 D9 R; j- ^6 _- S5 T1 x. Q' ?' m
your ugliness and were deceived by you. You are worse than a beast to commit such a dirty deal.
5 j9 U. R4 A2 x) g% G! rHere is your son, take him!” The master responded gently: “Ah, is that so!” and received the
$ R! B* `, }: a+ _baby without saying another word. The parents took his silence as a justification to their 9 w0 D7 f$ A% T9 W$ ?+ }- k
accusation, and scattered the news all around. Everyone came to know of Master Bai Yin’s , f) M1 S  H! @, p* _6 I
“repulsive behavior,” and they all looked down on him.
" v! G, d9 z2 \9 F白隐禅师抱着虚弱的婴儿,到刚生过孩子的人家乞求奶水,那些人家都说:“哼!要不是看
/ b8 u. i: w: C' }2 [1 T1 }在可怜孩子的份上,才不会给你呢!”5 o  s+ }! U& m% K+ p: v9 J
Holding the feeble infant, Master Bai Yin trudged to households where newborns lived with their
2 s+ n  @* x: W2 e! y& Ufamilies and begged for milk. They said scornfully: “Humph, were it not for the sake of the poor , g9 u- t) N. Y- C
baby, we would not give anything to you!”
  o( d$ x& B0 o+ `时间一天天过去了,姑娘的良心备受痛苦的煎熬,她不能再看到人们对白隐禅师的不公正
- a1 K, d: y. v4 R待遇,终于向父母坦白了一切。当姑娘父母万分羞愧地来到白隐禅师面前忏悔时,他仍然
+ z* P+ r9 F' k' O$ S是那句话:“是这样吗?”
' h8 @2 w7 o: U/ U+ Q7 s, A$ GAs time passed, the young maiden’s conscience was tortured severely; she no longer could bear
/ D/ v7 Z* a- Q* e( Eto see the unjust public treatment of Master Bai Yin and confessed to her parents. Master Bai
. s% {1 N: V, ?0 V& S) u1 PYin, when receiving the extremely repentant parents begging for forgiveness, responded gently ' Q8 j6 y& k  A* }# ~
in the same way: “Ah, is that so!”- \! x% D  {; k: @: A+ a
这是多么普通的一句话啊!但要能以平常心说出这句话,绝不是“未经一番寒彻骨”之凡夫# M: R5 C& r  k, ~
所能为之的。这些先辈们高义薄云之安忍品德,什么时候能真正融入我的相续?3 n6 T5 Y7 d% ~! r
What a plain sentence is this one! However, to say it calmly is not possible for any ordinary * g: h* ~, a' I4 `' e/ a
person who has not been tempered through thick and thin. The extraordinary quality of ( F6 O  o1 N# j1 y
forbearance as demonstrated by the sages of the past is truly remarkable. When will it truly
3 K! o& V) _, h+ D* f# v: V# Tpermeate my mind?5 Q6 J& F  \5 z* ?- W5 G6 d; u" I% b
壬午年二月十一日  
' J+ z8 C/ ]# P: q1 Z( _5 r7 Z' H* Q2002年3月25日$ \0 X( z# r5 D% u" R5 G( Y/ l
11th of February, Year of RenWu7 a9 W2 x8 B8 x- C
March 25, 2002
+ w+ e+ P: w/ w, I! |# a* J
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

广告合作(Contact Us)|关于我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|伦敦华人网

GMT, 2024-6-15 08:13