金钱
0 £
注册时间
2014-3-11
发表于 2016-6-29 21:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
安忍 | Heroic Perseverance

C4 d: ?2 E2 @8 |' Z7 x多部经论都认为安忍是六度中最难修持圆满的。《入菩萨行论》云:“罪恶莫过嗔,难行莫& O2 V) W6 J9 z
胜忍,故应以众理,努力修安忍。”在世间也有“忍字头上一把刀”的说法。
* K2 ?# n7 R. a# S& wScores of sutras and shastras state that patience, or heroic perseverance, is the most difficult to
1 w% H+ ?# W+ I6 V( W# b8 K& Paccomplish among the Six Perfections. Thus A Guide to the Bodhisattva Way of Life says:
/ o9 l0 \5 `! F  UThere is no evil similar to anger and no austerity equal to forbearance.3 V0 o+ N' \* ~& w' I" J
Thus I should strive in all ways to develop forbearance, with great effort.
5 n7 ~( v% f  }7 Q2 ~/ C6 ]  v尤其面对无缘无故的侮辱,无中生有的诽谤,很多的修行人都难以做到如如不动,视若虹
& f8 V) s' ~1 T$ |" M4 s! l霓。: C  {+ |; e3 P: R
It’s also common to say: “The Chinese ideogram ‘patience’ is epitomized by having a knife
! a' m) N8 g# D+ A5 {" {) j% ]dangling over your head.” When being insulted unjustifiably or slandered for no reason, hardly
! A, q3 ^! B1 ?) zanyone, many spiritual practitioners included, can remain undisturbed while seeing the attacks
* f& K; K6 K, K' n% Eas insubstantial rainbows.
1 G/ ]: P9 L2 J" R6 l7 c本师释迦牟尼佛曾转世为一外道仙人,名忍力,他发愿永远不对任何众生生嗔恨心。当时* ^9 `% U% q& I) u# k
有一恶意魔王为摧毁忍力的安忍之法,就幻化出专门毁坏别人安忍功德之一千人,用咒语7 P. B* v4 O) \* u: t, ^
诅咒忍力,用妄语肆意对忍力横加诽谤,还在大庭广众之中用常人难以启齿之言词羞辱他
3 w: p9 s( k* X; u! S) H。这些人还于忍力行、住、坐、卧之时加害于他,如此等非理之行竟持续长达八万四千年
( u& i- \) k( u/ M! ^! f/ Y1 k% e之久。& _  [5 t+ }9 s: q  @7 q  I0 h% v
Buddha Shakyamuni was once reborn as a rishi named Patience Power who had vowed never to
+ S+ k9 w& O! v: P7 W1 sget angry at any beings. Mara, intending to destroy the quality Patience Power had attained,
% i: ]1 q3 U2 w. ^9 |) s2 xmanifested one thousand beings who knew exactly how to demolish the perseverance quality of * ^! r0 s1 s1 X. Y% |0 o. s
others. They cursed him with malicious mantras, defamed him recklessly with false accusations, # h. H0 Z6 i( _. c
and humiliated him in public with unspeakable sordid words. They inflicted harm on him in all his
! I9 b9 w; g7 X& K  ^8 X! Yactivities of walking, sitting, standing, and sleeping; these kinds of horrendous attacks continued
. ]0 ?1 }! A8 l* U! b3 `, q3 vfor 84,000 years.
# [" m# |% J- \( T6 U( _( D当仙人前往城市之时,这些恶性众生竟用不净粪浇洒在仙人头上、所捧钵孟中以及衣服上
. y3 W1 k0 V3 R, t" Y" b, y,还用扫帚猛击其头部,但他根本没有生起丝毫的嗔恨心与报复之意。不管别人如何待他
3 _" m# }* v$ d! V,他从未想过以牙还牙,从未怒目相向,从未恶口相加,甚至诸如“我到底做错何事”之类
- G: R4 x. t8 m2 D言词都未曾说过。并且心中暗自发愿:为难以调伏之众生利益,我誓修无上菩提,一定要* w3 r* i  H6 P4 V5 Q7 P4 h
首先度化此等众生。
5 O) K0 R  K* T( V2 u9 ^6 c- fWhen rishi Patience Power went to town, these unruly assailants sprayed putrid feces over his
/ U2 ^0 x$ @' Uhead, into his begging bowl, and onto his clothes, and even hit his head forcefully with brooms. , ?/ R, X) J/ S+ T* w
But Patience Power never had a trace of anger arise in him, nor did he have the slightest
2 f- r; y& ^7 A" A0 p% v4 E. @4 Lintention of revenge. No matter what assault was afflicted upon him, he never thought of
; p  K' w/ `# B+ k( Javenging an eye for an eye, nor did he cast furious glares or use harsh words. Questions such as: 2 \0 F* H: A/ K
“What have I done wrong?” were not heard from him either. Instead, he made his wishes - c, `5 a( U6 o
silently: “For benefiting these recalcitrant beings, I vow to practice the Dharma to attain supreme
* j" i4 v2 i/ ~& B& {enlightenment. Thereafter, my top priority will be to lead these beings to Buddhahood.”
5 V$ @$ Y7 k/ E" @5 J日本的白隐禅师也以修安忍而着称于世。曾经有位姑娘与一男子有染而生下一子,姑娘怕' [# F" [. P4 ~0 L" D8 V
虔信佛法的父母谴责,就告知父母乃白隐禅师所为。因其父母对白隐禅师一直尊敬有加,/ C  i3 b- L7 J5 L% T3 o
以为此法可免父母责难。这可害苦了白隐禅师,不明真相的父母听信女儿谗言,抱着刚生4 ]0 Q$ i* J& j2 P7 P+ U, L
下的婴儿,扔给白隐禅师并说道:“你这个败坏佛门清规戒律的假和尚,以前我们没有看清
  ^5 ~2 X/ j: U你的丑恶面目,蒙受你的欺骗。没想到你竟然做出如此禽兽不如的勾当,这是你的儿子,
4 G+ f! [. @  r- z4 }0 |, W你拿去吧!” 白隐禅师淡淡地说了声:“是这样吗?”就默默地接过孩子。姑娘的父母更以为
; n2 u* E6 t; |% y1 S6 J, \: \没有冤枉白隐禅师,便将此事到处传播。人们一刹那间都知道了白隐禅师的“丑恶行径”,! K, i6 Y: J& ?! d, r. ^
纷纷白眼相视。
  u! ]2 o! X+ u" P, m* t" P. B7 [" dZen Master Bai Yin of Japan is noted for his accomplishment in patience. There was once a young 1 |7 ?4 {1 @( k" b8 x
maiden who gave birth to a baby sired by her boyfriend. To avoid being punished by her parents
! v- E' |. O  g: u# }who were devout Buddhists, she lied to them that the baby’s father was the Zen master. As her
' c: t; q. F% Z, {parents had high respect for the master, the maiden thought she could be vindicated. Little did 9 K+ b  g+ s: D# }8 g. _) Y# V
she know that her account brought tremendous hardship for Master Bai Yin. Her parents,
4 w0 e  _" b: kignorant of the facts and believing their daughter, brought the newborn infant to the master and
( _) M8 R8 K' T; e2 ~5 ]said, “You fake monk, you have transgressed the precepts of the Buddha; we had been blind to / C: v8 i% B( l. W3 ]% U8 @
your ugliness and were deceived by you. You are worse than a beast to commit such a dirty deal. ( D$ }- y9 W/ c5 f( _
Here is your son, take him!” The master responded gently: “Ah, is that so!” and received the
( g! A% r: Q9 q5 U+ l# `9 o1 nbaby without saying another word. The parents took his silence as a justification to their
$ L( {) }/ H! q. `' p' I9 xaccusation, and scattered the news all around. Everyone came to know of Master Bai Yin’s
: Y# {7 c) W9 w; d5 K: V  I“repulsive behavior,” and they all looked down on him.
5 f0 F5 b# ?. `% q9 H白隐禅师抱着虚弱的婴儿,到刚生过孩子的人家乞求奶水,那些人家都说:“哼!要不是看6 b2 o; }# x! e9 ?/ O4 o7 L* f
在可怜孩子的份上,才不会给你呢!”
* c; t% c8 Z; EHolding the feeble infant, Master Bai Yin trudged to households where newborns lived with their * J! r4 r/ L' y
families and begged for milk. They said scornfully: “Humph, were it not for the sake of the poor
8 D9 g" F3 n: pbaby, we would not give anything to you!”1 W5 V! H* J, C& m0 }: u& `
时间一天天过去了,姑娘的良心备受痛苦的煎熬,她不能再看到人们对白隐禅师的不公正
, e- Q; O$ y2 N) v7 j, \4 G待遇,终于向父母坦白了一切。当姑娘父母万分羞愧地来到白隐禅师面前忏悔时,他仍然
- m7 f" C6 v, O* |是那句话:“是这样吗?”; M  Z9 S0 p7 B
As time passed, the young maiden’s conscience was tortured severely; she no longer could bear 3 k5 n9 c( q3 p" u0 W
to see the unjust public treatment of Master Bai Yin and confessed to her parents. Master Bai
. T/ l( V7 T' l7 J; B! NYin, when receiving the extremely repentant parents begging for forgiveness, responded gently
2 e7 ~1 J2 B2 T) X! t0 d1 H5 ain the same way: “Ah, is that so!”
' _3 M" l; a/ t9 A) z: @这是多么普通的一句话啊!但要能以平常心说出这句话,绝不是“未经一番寒彻骨”之凡夫& U' r! e; f: W- _
所能为之的。这些先辈们高义薄云之安忍品德,什么时候能真正融入我的相续?+ L' e. Y; Z$ E' [0 {8 r6 A
What a plain sentence is this one! However, to say it calmly is not possible for any ordinary $ @' C! Q( C; j& b
person who has not been tempered through thick and thin. The extraordinary quality of % U# `' I$ O1 ]) j. K! l
forbearance as demonstrated by the sages of the past is truly remarkable. When will it truly
, U$ R/ @4 N7 Dpermeate my mind?# {; H8 @  S' A* M$ Y% G
壬午年二月十一日  
3 V6 S0 x5 O% w4 P2002年3月25日
' ^0 N$ W: t8 l  O2 h$ }11th of February, Year of RenWu6 }& }# Y! @9 |) @5 ~  n. [
March 25, 2002* K( k& \! d; d/ r  V
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

广告合作(Contact Us)|关于我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|伦敦华人网

GMT, 2024-6-8 05:16