威望
388 点
金钱
0 £
注册时间
2014-3-11
发表于 2016-6-29 21:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
安忍 | Heroic Perseverance

% b  S$ ~# ]: H- R/ K: ]% Z8 j多部经论都认为安忍是六度中最难修持圆满的。《入菩萨行论》云:“罪恶莫过嗔,难行莫$ j+ p0 G1 P" u; ?
胜忍,故应以众理,努力修安忍。”在世间也有“忍字头上一把刀”的说法。6 f6 P, C- o5 X  [6 S" _
Scores of sutras and shastras state that patience, or heroic perseverance, is the most difficult to   v# v! v1 L" ~; M2 A0 D+ P6 E
accomplish among the Six Perfections. Thus A Guide to the Bodhisattva Way of Life says:
1 N- `- e- T. t! WThere is no evil similar to anger and no austerity equal to forbearance.
0 x3 a3 @$ p8 g: b7 n% Q4 U% V' uThus I should strive in all ways to develop forbearance, with great effort.
, a; e# |+ B; U$ c尤其面对无缘无故的侮辱,无中生有的诽谤,很多的修行人都难以做到如如不动,视若虹; w3 f1 T7 N, ]; O8 W
霓。
' q! p1 y6 k% `4 h, R& a9 s' gIt’s also common to say: “The Chinese ideogram ‘patience’ is epitomized by having a knife 9 A! n7 ~6 Z' m# l
dangling over your head.” When being insulted unjustifiably or slandered for no reason, hardly
2 T5 P& o$ G0 L  Y- ianyone, many spiritual practitioners included, can remain undisturbed while seeing the attacks
* {, Q0 _; G2 l+ B; f! m$ I; qas insubstantial rainbows.
( m4 B6 C5 _- n, o  x' R本师释迦牟尼佛曾转世为一外道仙人,名忍力,他发愿永远不对任何众生生嗔恨心。当时
& f4 T6 Z) v* c有一恶意魔王为摧毁忍力的安忍之法,就幻化出专门毁坏别人安忍功德之一千人,用咒语5 I0 k0 t# V  r+ h
诅咒忍力,用妄语肆意对忍力横加诽谤,还在大庭广众之中用常人难以启齿之言词羞辱他* A4 }! U* _! V
。这些人还于忍力行、住、坐、卧之时加害于他,如此等非理之行竟持续长达八万四千年/ ]' Q! }8 W" k% h5 R
之久。* Z; _' N8 M! u( k9 V+ y0 l/ t
Buddha Shakyamuni was once reborn as a rishi named Patience Power who had vowed never to
% @" E' }( {# m: U( l  s, yget angry at any beings. Mara, intending to destroy the quality Patience Power had attained,
, r. i' w" [  \! X9 S) g  ?2 t1 Q+ [manifested one thousand beings who knew exactly how to demolish the perseverance quality of + m" a  p6 J' q# {: Q$ q. a
others. They cursed him with malicious mantras, defamed him recklessly with false accusations,
, f: b5 |* M$ Z/ ~0 w  R" `, ~and humiliated him in public with unspeakable sordid words. They inflicted harm on him in all his
( t+ ?5 ?0 `  I/ f2 ?  L6 F. lactivities of walking, sitting, standing, and sleeping; these kinds of horrendous attacks continued 8 R" ^9 g; V+ }$ o  i
for 84,000 years.* N, S) W; ~6 ~6 m6 s* y/ @4 P
当仙人前往城市之时,这些恶性众生竟用不净粪浇洒在仙人头上、所捧钵孟中以及衣服上! ?) q: r4 G; m0 s$ w7 x
,还用扫帚猛击其头部,但他根本没有生起丝毫的嗔恨心与报复之意。不管别人如何待他- _0 F: i' z8 R& o- H
,他从未想过以牙还牙,从未怒目相向,从未恶口相加,甚至诸如“我到底做错何事”之类8 z+ i. p( T: G& F  i& u
言词都未曾说过。并且心中暗自发愿:为难以调伏之众生利益,我誓修无上菩提,一定要  A1 |8 X1 i3 t0 m
首先度化此等众生。
9 {7 ?0 L8 B4 N& i7 u3 tWhen rishi Patience Power went to town, these unruly assailants sprayed putrid feces over his
3 E8 c" N, n+ w+ `$ L. Uhead, into his begging bowl, and onto his clothes, and even hit his head forcefully with brooms.
# `$ j8 }! b$ s4 ~5 X7 s2 B1 ^But Patience Power never had a trace of anger arise in him, nor did he have the slightest 9 H8 I9 F& D8 i+ ?9 N0 V3 S; {
intention of revenge. No matter what assault was afflicted upon him, he never thought of , `- M% j) C/ v: d
avenging an eye for an eye, nor did he cast furious glares or use harsh words. Questions such as:
- D) x5 y6 \6 H# p$ p/ g“What have I done wrong?” were not heard from him either. Instead, he made his wishes ; {2 s6 r. B, e- z9 _7 w
silently: “For benefiting these recalcitrant beings, I vow to practice the Dharma to attain supreme
  G' `  Y' ~0 E( W( \enlightenment. Thereafter, my top priority will be to lead these beings to Buddhahood.”
$ ~1 P6 g( t1 t, v( z$ D日本的白隐禅师也以修安忍而着称于世。曾经有位姑娘与一男子有染而生下一子,姑娘怕
4 D" M! y/ k+ o9 r; \' j7 q5 O虔信佛法的父母谴责,就告知父母乃白隐禅师所为。因其父母对白隐禅师一直尊敬有加,( i- i9 j6 Y. Z/ }
以为此法可免父母责难。这可害苦了白隐禅师,不明真相的父母听信女儿谗言,抱着刚生
/ l& r% ~8 \. n4 S2 |下的婴儿,扔给白隐禅师并说道:“你这个败坏佛门清规戒律的假和尚,以前我们没有看清
) j! |- q/ u  t你的丑恶面目,蒙受你的欺骗。没想到你竟然做出如此禽兽不如的勾当,这是你的儿子,
: g# B. |. ]9 X1 Z# d1 M- F8 y# E你拿去吧!” 白隐禅师淡淡地说了声:“是这样吗?”就默默地接过孩子。姑娘的父母更以为
5 w1 {) F3 ]! G$ @没有冤枉白隐禅师,便将此事到处传播。人们一刹那间都知道了白隐禅师的“丑恶行径”,- H) C* m8 h' b4 J* J4 g
纷纷白眼相视。/ ~5 T# x' ]2 {! A$ E
Zen Master Bai Yin of Japan is noted for his accomplishment in patience. There was once a young 4 q8 Q! Z1 f7 W0 h; j1 @# j
maiden who gave birth to a baby sired by her boyfriend. To avoid being punished by her parents
. h9 B) A9 Z  \7 l! Ywho were devout Buddhists, she lied to them that the baby’s father was the Zen master. As her # }4 ]2 N: H2 {1 I& `
parents had high respect for the master, the maiden thought she could be vindicated. Little did
0 I1 d& w4 Y: g) y' ~& Fshe know that her account brought tremendous hardship for Master Bai Yin. Her parents, * _8 I% u3 a+ Y7 @& X* p( d
ignorant of the facts and believing their daughter, brought the newborn infant to the master and
' ?& f6 a$ i, ^/ r" I% [said, “You fake monk, you have transgressed the precepts of the Buddha; we had been blind to 5 Q8 A$ L2 h+ W1 ?  N( L: K7 Q2 Z
your ugliness and were deceived by you. You are worse than a beast to commit such a dirty deal.
, P7 x0 q# q  k  v3 ^' }; X5 s# {6 mHere is your son, take him!” The master responded gently: “Ah, is that so!” and received the / c) \' A$ i, x+ y* ^
baby without saying another word. The parents took his silence as a justification to their
/ _3 @5 w+ V* z* R6 yaccusation, and scattered the news all around. Everyone came to know of Master Bai Yin’s
# \. L- n- h( Z; G: |& t“repulsive behavior,” and they all looked down on him.% _* z- w; v; V7 a* E" x1 R8 d
白隐禅师抱着虚弱的婴儿,到刚生过孩子的人家乞求奶水,那些人家都说:“哼!要不是看2 @2 e1 b9 ~" f" T8 E
在可怜孩子的份上,才不会给你呢!”
& Y1 k* S  Y6 `2 G. hHolding the feeble infant, Master Bai Yin trudged to households where newborns lived with their 3 z  i$ r+ L/ W# m
families and begged for milk. They said scornfully: “Humph, were it not for the sake of the poor
3 H( w) I, {1 d8 P7 cbaby, we would not give anything to you!”
* a9 d' F, m9 q1 \6 L( q时间一天天过去了,姑娘的良心备受痛苦的煎熬,她不能再看到人们对白隐禅师的不公正
8 j9 `  Z' r1 n6 ?待遇,终于向父母坦白了一切。当姑娘父母万分羞愧地来到白隐禅师面前忏悔时,他仍然0 ?6 w3 w  N. U, f
是那句话:“是这样吗?”. ]9 k* H2 Y* s$ b* Z& T! H  e0 [
As time passed, the young maiden’s conscience was tortured severely; she no longer could bear ! ?9 C+ G9 g0 ]
to see the unjust public treatment of Master Bai Yin and confessed to her parents. Master Bai 7 b" F7 k: [& @9 c$ Q3 e
Yin, when receiving the extremely repentant parents begging for forgiveness, responded gently
8 y+ z3 P$ S1 w2 ^& d! Zin the same way: “Ah, is that so!”, ?% I* E0 @' y4 x) w1 Q! J; _
这是多么普通的一句话啊!但要能以平常心说出这句话,绝不是“未经一番寒彻骨”之凡夫; ~; p) E- H# l% N( \
所能为之的。这些先辈们高义薄云之安忍品德,什么时候能真正融入我的相续?
. ?* k9 M0 P1 n0 z( rWhat a plain sentence is this one! However, to say it calmly is not possible for any ordinary
# p: R0 F  n0 L. Yperson who has not been tempered through thick and thin. The extraordinary quality of / k+ k& a: a9 _: W$ y
forbearance as demonstrated by the sages of the past is truly remarkable. When will it truly
9 y+ t& t; H6 F: y$ rpermeate my mind?
# j( S4 _3 |4 h  p壬午年二月十一日  
' j: t+ C, c4 w* h+ g2002年3月25日
+ G% A5 _7 }9 z5 f6 m11th of February, Year of RenWu% ^8 @9 Z7 H0 \) W! u1 e- ?, e
March 25, 20029 y) b' ~5 O! L3 J+ f, U( P
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

广告合作(Contact Us)|关于我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|伦敦华人网

GMT, 2024-4-28 23:16