金钱
0 £
注册时间
2014-3-11
发表于 2016-9-14 07:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
. G; G# z& T0 v
失败 | On Failure
世间的人,不管是市井白丁还是朝廷命官,人人都希望为一己之利而拼搏。凡事务求一帆
/ g% A0 r! ?' O7 B% I! \风顺,经不起半点挫折。其实,失败也未必一无是处。有一句古训说得好:“祸兮福所倚. {. k( T/ G8 ~4 i3 V
,福兮祸所伏”。1 _, i' i8 ]' Y# j
People in the world, be they illiterate hillbillies or government luminaries, all eagerly strive to- e( \" M) B+ k0 ]% q) L
fulfill their own interests. When doing anything, they want nothing but smooth sailing and
' t0 V: m* G0 K2 E' J% Hcannot bear the tiniest setbacks. But in fact, failure is not necessarily without merit. There is this
9 J& p! h7 D1 C& [0 I( R  fadage:! }; D; d. P  \3 c2 S+ K
Misfortune, that is where happiness depends;2 s7 q5 D' {; c: C
Happiness, that is where misfortune underlies.- N  h+ t, M7 i8 h) A
汉地近代高僧弘一法师,是集诗、词、书画、篆刻、音乐、戏剧、文学于一身的才子,先1 G$ j* q' L3 n- o! c2 P3 {" y5 y
后培养出了名画家丰子恺、音乐家刘质平等一些文化名人。真可谓风流倜傥,才华盖世。8 K8 U$ Q6 f7 p& ~
出家后苦心向佛,过午不食,精研律学,被佛门弟子奉为律宗第十一代世祖。他为世人留) l5 Q# \4 M/ I8 u2 _
下了咀嚼不尽的精神财富,是中国绚丽至极而归于平淡的典型人物。! R2 ]$ ?) c& B0 Y8 ]% {
The contemporary eminent Chinese Buddhist monk Hong Yi was extremely gifted in poetry, ci
) o" U/ X( Z; ~  Y! }(verse), painting, calligraphy, seal cutting, music, drama, and literature. He has also mentored a6 W4 r+ J1 }' N! O
number of celebrated artists such as Feng Zikai and the musician Liu Zhiping. Master Hong Yi had
$ ?7 S% A" R9 P2 P: Na carefree and elegant bearing and his achievement in arts and letters was unsurpassed in his! |; i! ~4 I( Q6 ?$ _& @* k
time. After he chose to be ordained as a monk, he studied unremittingly Buddha’s teachings and, D5 `3 }" `1 e' R
abided the sparing fare of no food after midday. He dedicated himself particularly to Vinaya
# x+ t$ A  N1 ?( T, s) J% Tpitaka and is revered as the 11th lineage holder of the Vinaya School. He has left a rich spiritual4 ~7 E- p( V2 I! `/ B* u
legacy for future generations; in China, he stood out as a model figure whose life underwent a* {2 x  r+ m( ]# n' \: c; [
transformation from utter glory to utmost humbleness.
3 ]" W/ d( g1 w( A7 v% j, F$ H4 K他在《闽南十年之梦影》中说道:“我的心情是很特别的,我只希望我的事情失败。因为: h2 \! Q2 V- i* p
事情失败和不完满,这才使我发大惭愧,能够晓得自己的德行欠缺,自己的修养不足。那
4 @5 x8 y$ u+ d0 g/ M" F! e我才可努力用功,努力改过迁善。无论什么事情,总希望它失败。失败才会发大惭愧。倘
* P" @( v/ f( t( ~7 u: I: f4 ]若因成功而得意,那就不得了啦。”我特别喜欢背诵这段文字,这种有悖常人的思维,正
* w+ b; s0 t4 B; o$ T. a说明了法师的谦逊与大智大悟。! B1 P* j" m# o, R% H
He wrote in Dreams of 10 Years in Minnan: “I have a rather peculiar mindset these days: I only
  l' o6 f/ D5 V1 s5 wwish for failure in the things I do. It is because failure and imperfection can make me feel humble
4 u7 ^8 F) i/ ~  v  sand abashed. Only then will I see my own inadequacies and lack of qualities, and strive to correct0 W+ }6 M- ?0 g! |# w- {' B+ O
myself for the better. Whatever I do, I invariably hope I will fail; failure teaches me humility.% {+ S, a' V% a5 X- Y) g) E1 l
Should I become successful, I might be puffed up with arrogance, which would be disastrous!”- G- Y! S; ?8 z
This passage is my favorite to memorize, as the master’s unconventional way of thinking reveals0 O5 }: [" H( Z+ N
his extraordinary realization and modesty.& c# d( ]( S/ F# S' D2 Z) [
无垢光尊者在《窍诀宝藏论》中的最深要诀之一即是:“灭除我执恒自取失败。”朗日塘
) G" s5 g1 Z( m6 ~, _5 W巴尊者也有“亏损失败我取受,胜利利益奉献他”的遗训,与弘一法师的话相比,实有异3 y' _! J& E1 w' \$ {4 G; Q' _
曲同工之妙。不怕失败,敢于失败,真为大丈夫之胆识。
# ?0 j' g, r: V# y/ B' d, g& v# l  dOne of the most profound teachings of the Omniscient Longchenpa in The Precious Treasury of3 J; R$ v% N" N/ f' _+ B
Pith Instructions is: “One must cut off self-clinging and choose failure always.” Langri Tangpa also
) f: e: [' W. m6 N/ Fleft the teaching:/ ^$ |  J$ T' t) v" Q
May I take upon myself the defeat/ i6 @2 r8 `1 o
And offer to others the victory.8 k7 v4 ^$ A) \8 H" p4 z3 l
These teachings are fortunate coincidences with what Master Hong Yi has to say. The prowess of3 ^& j  |) X# a* R0 @" F% ?
a truly brave man, after all, lies in his capacity to be unafraid of failure and willingly embrace
1 }1 I1 f+ ^' `( pfailure.( a) ]* ?1 }* N4 o, \! J& ^- \1 `: W
关于如何面对失败,世间也积累了不少以辨证的眼光看问题的格言,如 “塞翁失马,焉知. c4 C, v1 j* g7 f$ F+ g
非福。”“生于忧患,死于安乐。”而且,有不少的世间人,也懂得迂回的路必有其收获
( i" f* P/ b8 v7 C: i0 s7 Q1 `。作家罗兰曾说过:“在人生途中,你每走一步,就必定会得一步的经验。不管这一步是
0 `5 e  }, Z+ w9 `# u对还是错,‘对’有对的收获,‘错’有错的教训。绕远路,走错路的结果,你就恰如迷- B3 }. f1 e. E( o# r
路走入深山,别人为你的危险焦急惋惜之际,你却采集了一些珍奇的花果,获得了一些罕0 m: t9 Y6 d% W
见的鸟兽。而且你多认了一段路,多锻炼出一分坚强与胆量。”
' a, y1 P* v8 H" O# |- I3 h8 fThere are many proverbs in the world on how to face failure squarely. Many are the fruition of
% j; R2 d4 L/ d. @0 ?4 z5 N$ \valid analyses, such as: “When the old man lost his mare, who could have guessed it was a
- n5 ~2 O& [# V# V1 }blessing in disguise? A loss may well turn out to be a gain,” and, “In adversity, we thrive; in9 r8 X* E( Z- k6 ?2 {2 v$ \
comfort, we perish.” Many people also appreciate that a convoluted path is bound to provide, Q; p! m" T6 ^6 K& i- o. X
some kind of reward. Writer Ruo Lan once said: “In life, every step we take brings the experience
, J# o3 F; R, qof that one step. This has nothing to do with whether the step is right or wrong. The ‘right’ one
; {  P2 H9 F2 l9 I" g  s) Nyields the right reward. The ‘wrong’ one presents lessons from being wrong. Taking the longer3 o% l/ X' @! D
route or walking on the wrong path is just like being lost in the deep mountains. While people
" X' U1 H) }$ U" Z( Gare worrying and bemoaning your safety, you hit the opportunity to collect rare flowers and
8 Z& q3 w* W( s7 F# f" Jberries, and you spot exceptional birds and animals. In addition, having to cover the extra
' X4 h0 T' p9 `2 idistance, you have cultivated extra courage and tenacity.”- h  n( N, m0 D' R3 C! z. M' L
若能勇敢地面对失败,则将尝到其中的甘甜滋味。
( k- C0 P- g% z' NIf we face failure bravely, we shall come to enjoy its sweet taste.5 S0 C! ^; c! w
壬午年二月二十日  
& q0 E! S1 B( `( P2002年4月2日
/ X% P( I- p4 q+ j6 J' m8 z% J20th of February, Year of RenWu. y( L( q$ h6 F7 P) w' Q7 x. B
April 2, 2002
5 k7 w  C& b1 D8 z
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

广告合作(Contact Us)|关于我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|伦敦华人网

GMT, 2024-5-14 02:10