注册时间
2014-3-11
发表于 2016-10-11 07:30 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

' O, Q$ {& p* W: V1 u
珍贵 | Real Treasure
古代的很多皇帝,在富贵荣华圆满之后,都会想方设法寻找长生不老的灵丹妙药。结果虽  Z5 N+ ?+ L5 Z, G% v1 P/ |
然是竹篮打水一场空,然而后人并不会吸取教训,仍然执迷不悟地步其后尘。因为对于世5 R! o4 t' f& ^
间人而言,寿命实在是太珍贵了!世间的任何财产都不能与之相提并论。
8 G( O; q9 r7 u9 a2 vMany ancient emperors, after having reached the pinnacle of their power and glory, would
. m- M( U7 _; ]+ c! {7 x. `% qsearch at any cost for an elixir that could endow them with everlasting life. Their efforts, as we all
2 d- H8 w; {) i+ f) Ccome to know, were as futile as drawing water with a bamboo basket. Even so, later generations% p+ T" q3 e1 y7 _, a+ u
still refuse to learn the lesson and obstinately follow suit. Because, for worldly beings, life is just  L+ f8 b$ [; z5 P0 R( h) l' A
too precious! Not a single possession in the world can be compared to it.- d& z& V. Q, [. D
然而,作为修行人,为了佛法而舍弃生命也应在所不惜。《教王经》云:“我为护身舍财/ r! j9 o: O1 o5 x$ w9 E
产,为护生命舍身财,为护正法可舍弃,财产身体与寿命。”/ ]7 p. d5 E+ K5 `
However, a spiritual seeker should have no qualms about sacrificing life for the sake of Dharma.+ ?' b; c9 t9 I9 b( F8 w
The Adamantine Pinnacle Sutra says: “For my body, I will give up my wealth. For my life, I will
4 o" T* ]) L0 ~; Z; L6 igive up my body. For the Dharma, I will give up all of my wealth, my body, and my life.”
. z* a( l6 U6 ?- y5 ~释迦牟尼佛在因地时转世为净梵施主,为了听受一个偈子的佛法,不惜舍弃十二年积累的; \1 C/ `. G# `0 U
金银财宝。他说:“我于十二年积累了如此之多的财宝,却从没有得到过善说法宝。辛辛/ \5 X# n" m9 g
苦苦积聚此等石头有何意义?善说才是真正的财宝,舍弃生命用来交换也值得。”- W' ?1 i- b- z) n
Buddha Shakyamuni was once reborn as a Brahmin patron. For the sake of receiving a one-verse) ?) K  }, A, _, N5 \- E
Dharma, he readily gave up all the treasures of gold, silver, and other treasures he had amassed6 {7 D  l4 ^& a. O1 `/ G
over 12 years. He said: “I have spent 12 years to collect these gems, yet never have I had a
5 ]( `! F6 d5 l/ ]8 J) Gchance to hear the sublime Dharma. What is the use of my striving to gather these rocks and! }/ y+ H8 N2 b! A2 t3 V1 _1 Q
minerals? The real treasure is the Dharma teaching, even if it means trading my life for it, it is
) \! k  O0 `8 f0 w5 e" Dwell worth it!”* L) C4 {+ ^6 X) p. Z% i& S/ \
世尊还曾转世为噶写勒波,在身上挖千孔,点千灯,终于得到那句“积际必尽,高际必堕
, ~% I; S) S! a* u  [7 e,聚际必散,生际必死”的教言,至今仍是我们修习无常的经典教证。( \$ s1 t2 k" [; }7 N$ k
Lord Buddha has also been born as Kashod Legpo, who gouged his own body to light one& c2 K( @/ ^2 G
thousand candles as offerings. Finally, the following teaching was conferred to him:
# J; N9 i7 k. f$ _1 u* s# ]' fWhatever is stored up is impermanent and is bound to run out.$ x3 f& B4 q1 `( c
Whatever rises up is impermanent and is bound to fall down.
1 z6 l4 m% s' Z% vWhatever comes together is impermanent and is bound to come apart.5 U4 h! ^! V' s& e5 C% d) D+ f: H
Whatever is born is impermanent and is bound to die.. @" \4 j) J& y" W! s; P; ^
To this day, this verse still is the quintessential teaching for the study on impermanence.
4 R" G/ }: d" S不仅佛教徒,中国著名的孔子也曰:“朝闻道,夕死可矣。”为了令自他解脱于轮回的精
2 N( Q% L: j! ~) k妙佛法,舍弃生命又何足惜!
; ~& `! {& s- KThe Chinese sage Confucius also states in the same vein: “One can die without remorse in the1 c% C& h2 z. p8 Z4 V) c) r0 x
evening, provided one has heard the teachings on Truth during the day.” Therefore, for the sake
7 H( R5 Y* Y" _( F! |of Dharma that liberates the self and others, what regret is there to sacrifice one’s life!: M& ]  \* N; A# D
壬午年二月二十八日 6 p0 e+ W5 G$ S
2002年4月10日  
! x! c# S! j& x) C$ W6 }28th of February, Year of RenWu
% M: G3 q+ T% HApril 10, 2002
; e# o0 H! j. O3 V* V- R& d
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

广告合作(Contact Us)|关于我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|伦敦华人网

GMT, 2024-5-4 11:18