金钱
0 £
注册时间
2014-3-11
发表于 2016-10-19 19:27 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

/ o" w) s4 S- ]* r
追逐 | Crazy Pursuits
站在都市五光十色的街头,我看见世间八法的彩虹。5 X' L2 c# S% F3 b
Standing at the corner of a dazzling city street, what appears in front of me is the rainbow of the" \' v9 s) k  \9 q8 b
eight worldly preoccupations.7 K+ A8 _0 a( x2 ~9 l
透过红灯绿酒,映出人们的一脸倦容。为了五花八门的目标,熙熙攘攘的大街上,人潮汹( G- q/ k$ J$ A; f/ [
涌的股市上,推杯换盏的酒桌上,尔虞我诈的生意场上……到处都是寻求的身影。世人对$ i! k8 D  `5 M6 f
金钱和妙欲享受的追逐,已到了难以控制的程度。/ i# z* Z" m, w9 K3 a0 u% E
The glaring lights of the high life expose everyone’s weary looks. Chasing after their desires, the
6 R4 T/ y* p& G% J& a  lseekers rove everywhere—the hustling and bustling streets, the stock exchange floor, parties
2 }$ K) D0 S/ L5 P( ~2 R1 B2 H0 ]with wining and dining, cutthroat business dealings, etc. People’s pursuit of money and pleasure# e3 Y8 t- x0 S* i; W3 A# ]5 [
has been so fervent that it is almost out of control.' [) L+ q& e( l3 B  s) c0 W% N
骑自行车的向往摩托车,有摩托车的渴望汽车,然后是沙漠王子、奔驰……;住一室一厅/ t7 F4 E7 _! P( ~4 }
的想换五室二厅,住五室二厅的又野心勃勃地为别墅而奔波,拥有别墅的,更梦想着:春1 Y9 f0 C: w# J+ Q4 g- I
天,推开窗户就能欣赏东京街头千树万树樱花开的盛景;夏天,足不出户就能享受阿尔卑+ E3 s8 g& G7 Q# O
斯山的习习凉风;秋天,在自家的花园里,便能观赏日内瓦湖的清凉月影;冬天,走出房
( m% k9 K8 |6 ^! K门便能踩在夏威夷海滩细软的金沙上面……;对金钱的贪婪也到了无以复加的地步,有一& `9 _% ~: `4 k% L6 [& P; l
万想十万,然后是一亿,反正是多多益善……
: u: h+ A, k7 j/ F1 uA person who owns a bicycle dreams of a motorcycle, while one who owns a motorcycle desires
- n  H6 z( N1 a; i( X6 D6 }an automobile. Then the car has to be upgraded to a Land Cruiser, a Benz… A one-bedroom, one-' K* p* Q0 A* Z' n( X% U8 N/ J
living room apartment has to be replaced by a five-bedroom, two-living room condo. Having
( ]# O; ]+ e/ a! L8 l  Llived in the five-bedroom, two-living- room place, one gets busy to add a villa. In addition to the2 Z/ ^+ m* V9 H) \
villa, one keeps on dreaming: In spring, I shall open my window to the spectacular cherry# Y* I/ R& I" O7 n
blossoms in Tokyo; in summer, I could enjoy the cool breezes from the Alps right at my doorstep;! r% X8 ^, l( y' F
in autumn, I shall marvel at the moon’s reflection in Lake Zurich leisurely in my own backyard; in4 Q; _: g4 @! J: g; p& p" D9 [7 |
winter, I easily walk out from my patio onto a Hawaiian beach of fine sand…. The greed for9 {$ F" F% Q; b9 h; X
money, likewise, is just at its extreme—owning $10,000 makes one want to have $100,000, and
; _8 e8 s9 B+ `) A) h( j$ i% M$ sthen to $100,000,000 and so on. Anyway, “the more, the better” can never be wrong.; t2 o3 n% S( z" E$ {. Z
追求的方向令人眼花缭乱,追求的对境也是令人难以企及。然而,却从未有人考虑过贪欲
: F# C5 F' r8 D( z. y的副作用,不知道这一切完全是作茧自缚。要知道,欲望的沟壑永远也无法填平。只能令" |4 p0 l& a  W
自己为之所囿。忙忙碌碌,徒增烦恼。然而,不论如何苦心经营,风光一世,到头来也不# R4 C' X/ D  u, T) V: p
过“一抔净土掩风流”而已。& r1 B3 h% L+ e7 w. M
The courses of pursuit make one dazed while the goals get harder for one to reach. Yet, few have( d1 b# z' P' P
thought through the untoward effects of craving; people don’t see that they are becoming
" v1 [4 W& g5 R) b1 P4 jensnared in a web of their own spinning. It should be understood that the pit of desire could
6 Z7 ?) S$ x+ j& S3 Hnever be filled to the top; it only buries oneself. Endless toil and drudgery only pile up# x* |6 i8 u3 E' N8 g, ^7 c0 z; c
defilement. No matter how painstakingly one has schemed or how glorious one’s life has been, in
' r) A* s% ?% G; H, g: C6 s$ ~the end there is nothing left but a pile of earth over ashes of splendor.
8 F! M7 T7 i( [4 j3 {《圣经》中也记载,亚当因为有了欲望而不得不离开伊甸园,以辛勤劳作维持生计。夏娃
4 K' ?3 n4 ]# Z+ A: n- l不得不付出生孩子的痛苦代价。可见痛苦是人们咎由自取的结果,没有欲望也就没有痛苦
- o2 v9 ?5 ^- r( t; C) O! R; [6 C
The Bible tells the story of how Adam was forced to leave the Garden of Eden after he became) d( a3 j6 S8 ?8 Q3 d. C2 A! o4 n& Y
desirous. He then had to make a living with hard labor. Eve had to pay the price by going through
3 Q1 x6 j, a- b: @the pain of childbirth. Hence suffering is no one’s fault but one’s own. If there were no desire,3 u- f' L9 }. g$ f
there would be no suffering.4 A) p9 x0 F! O3 w) E
心宽何须室大,智渊何求财多?千百年来,为了追逐享受,人们付出了沉重的代价,实在# M4 R' W, X/ C4 p- H! |* [' \
应该记取这一惨痛教训。
& I% Q6 q) o9 _5 @+ S: `& U! w% p# mWho needs a big house when one’s mind is spacious? Who needs a lot of money when one is rich2 {5 J  _4 w. {1 y- f& M% f* g* {
in wisdom? Since time immemorial, humans have paid dearly for chasing after pleasure. Isn’t it
" {( @# z- X$ e  N9 ]) Tabout time that we take lessons from bitter experiences?0 i: g1 U! O3 h% p. @: Z
无垢光尊者在600多年前就知道人们的这一病患,留下了《大圆满心性休息》,希望精疲力
1 h6 B4 H! b. d% z竭的人们能依此而得以休憩。前辈大德凝聚着智悲精华的教言,如何不被我们白白浪费,
8 B( ?3 Z6 z) J4 ?+ d7 X的确是值得深思的问题。# o6 v, {- v. S' s
Longchen Rabjam, a sage living 600 years ago, clearly saw this affliction of humans. He left us
/ U+ c+ s) y1 m0 }- L& B6 CFinding Comfort and Ease in the Nature of Mind; hoping that our weary and exhausted souls
( T* L1 Z* f2 ]5 K' \could find some respite therein. A teaching like this condenses all the wisdom and compassion of
- G# P5 w& g1 Dsublime masters. We need to think carefully about how not to squander this precious treasure.
' b; i7 z7 h* G* @壬午年三月初一  1 h3 |; t, x* k+ k8 J( X
2002年4月13日  
  {0 ]7 d, k2 W, P——书于一落英缤纷之樱花树下
& l! `/ [! ^% z/ [$ K: {1st of March, Year of RenWu
# D# ^* N( ~( P* u% hApril 13, 2002
" I  C9 B$ @& n8 H+ b" kUnder a cherry tree with falling flower petals flying around.
7 d) f' s9 {+ E# S( [% Q. l; t
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

广告合作(Contact Us)|关于我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|伦敦华人网

GMT, 2024-5-4 09:48