金钱
0 £
注册时间
2014-3-11
发表于 2016-10-19 19:27 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
6 B' m* p: K" V; E- `) U( M
追逐 | Crazy Pursuits
站在都市五光十色的街头,我看见世间八法的彩虹。# y+ o% H! B8 x, B; h( h7 P
Standing at the corner of a dazzling city street, what appears in front of me is the rainbow of the
4 ^3 d1 o+ i& q( n$ Q$ k9 Yeight worldly preoccupations.
, C0 E* u- ?* v; J透过红灯绿酒,映出人们的一脸倦容。为了五花八门的目标,熙熙攘攘的大街上,人潮汹2 T! B2 N; K! }/ P) V. j9 Y
涌的股市上,推杯换盏的酒桌上,尔虞我诈的生意场上……到处都是寻求的身影。世人对
# H( S7 Q+ [& m- ]金钱和妙欲享受的追逐,已到了难以控制的程度。! j+ o' r5 c1 p. U8 w' X2 F
The glaring lights of the high life expose everyone’s weary looks. Chasing after their desires, the
" ]5 p6 _$ Z( Qseekers rove everywhere—the hustling and bustling streets, the stock exchange floor, parties
7 K$ B- R2 q  F4 y. N/ xwith wining and dining, cutthroat business dealings, etc. People’s pursuit of money and pleasure
+ M/ F; ]4 c0 X1 S1 hhas been so fervent that it is almost out of control.
2 V1 F6 [, C1 O1 {2 G/ _骑自行车的向往摩托车,有摩托车的渴望汽车,然后是沙漠王子、奔驰……;住一室一厅, f' j5 Y. r, e8 I
的想换五室二厅,住五室二厅的又野心勃勃地为别墅而奔波,拥有别墅的,更梦想着:春* O" o* ?7 A* i. ~7 `, A: w
天,推开窗户就能欣赏东京街头千树万树樱花开的盛景;夏天,足不出户就能享受阿尔卑  Y- q) M' i" e
斯山的习习凉风;秋天,在自家的花园里,便能观赏日内瓦湖的清凉月影;冬天,走出房
& x3 _8 z  O# o4 V2 X; ~5 ]% X4 w门便能踩在夏威夷海滩细软的金沙上面……;对金钱的贪婪也到了无以复加的地步,有一6 G; \1 {; ?) x5 L
万想十万,然后是一亿,反正是多多益善……
, P! m, E) F" o; l0 sA person who owns a bicycle dreams of a motorcycle, while one who owns a motorcycle desires; }# u1 Z4 |" d4 X4 m) E
an automobile. Then the car has to be upgraded to a Land Cruiser, a Benz… A one-bedroom, one-% t& q4 A3 f7 x4 m( H5 O$ M
living room apartment has to be replaced by a five-bedroom, two-living room condo. Having
% E* p5 g6 ?$ Q4 L# Flived in the five-bedroom, two-living- room place, one gets busy to add a villa. In addition to the& T7 F4 W; _0 L# m/ `
villa, one keeps on dreaming: In spring, I shall open my window to the spectacular cherry- F5 \. D7 F$ ]# {2 l
blossoms in Tokyo; in summer, I could enjoy the cool breezes from the Alps right at my doorstep;! f8 f# H& E9 J# o+ B/ y/ s! c8 G
in autumn, I shall marvel at the moon’s reflection in Lake Zurich leisurely in my own backyard; in
0 D9 M+ I& f6 ?% Rwinter, I easily walk out from my patio onto a Hawaiian beach of fine sand…. The greed for( T& W9 _" O3 ^
money, likewise, is just at its extreme—owning $10,000 makes one want to have $100,000, and
; L$ l; h+ |8 @" c+ Wthen to $100,000,000 and so on. Anyway, “the more, the better” can never be wrong.1 [/ d$ E- ?9 Q2 h6 I; ]
追求的方向令人眼花缭乱,追求的对境也是令人难以企及。然而,却从未有人考虑过贪欲
$ n# X: s- |9 o8 t9 @的副作用,不知道这一切完全是作茧自缚。要知道,欲望的沟壑永远也无法填平。只能令% Q/ e* f% ]% L' C) M+ @+ v
自己为之所囿。忙忙碌碌,徒增烦恼。然而,不论如何苦心经营,风光一世,到头来也不
4 ?4 _1 U) ^: e( s" P过“一抔净土掩风流”而已。! O2 H: f3 G* q  X
The courses of pursuit make one dazed while the goals get harder for one to reach. Yet, few have
( b- V% o' M4 [1 ?thought through the untoward effects of craving; people don’t see that they are becoming: I" x4 b' o, _2 G+ p4 [
ensnared in a web of their own spinning. It should be understood that the pit of desire could: g* R' A$ a9 S0 X' l; E9 R
never be filled to the top; it only buries oneself. Endless toil and drudgery only pile up* A# s$ N4 [3 D# z: i
defilement. No matter how painstakingly one has schemed or how glorious one’s life has been, in
9 x1 z, K: _5 ]/ F) v2 m: pthe end there is nothing left but a pile of earth over ashes of splendor.
. g- W" e1 W/ d; B( I《圣经》中也记载,亚当因为有了欲望而不得不离开伊甸园,以辛勤劳作维持生计。夏娃
; ~! w/ d  O: p不得不付出生孩子的痛苦代价。可见痛苦是人们咎由自取的结果,没有欲望也就没有痛苦
7 V5 D" q) n9 U! l8 e6 k( s8 u7 i" ?& e9 j1 L. {( L+ {
The Bible tells the story of how Adam was forced to leave the Garden of Eden after he became
+ w! r. H0 n$ Y4 tdesirous. He then had to make a living with hard labor. Eve had to pay the price by going through6 [9 `- J' p, n! n
the pain of childbirth. Hence suffering is no one’s fault but one’s own. If there were no desire,' b' z+ o% d* K5 u  @% w. B$ u
there would be no suffering.; E$ f) P, q" Z# Q
心宽何须室大,智渊何求财多?千百年来,为了追逐享受,人们付出了沉重的代价,实在
7 {9 w# E) G' i4 E% a应该记取这一惨痛教训。/ v6 h0 E2 t1 e) e( T, y
Who needs a big house when one’s mind is spacious? Who needs a lot of money when one is rich
5 Z3 ^& m) @; U8 m* m0 w. b1 V, Uin wisdom? Since time immemorial, humans have paid dearly for chasing after pleasure. Isn’t it
4 o* J3 i& b6 w- Babout time that we take lessons from bitter experiences?
8 Y! D3 t4 C# D) x( s无垢光尊者在600多年前就知道人们的这一病患,留下了《大圆满心性休息》,希望精疲力
  ]' z) h) I; ^' X/ t" D# x竭的人们能依此而得以休憩。前辈大德凝聚着智悲精华的教言,如何不被我们白白浪费,
2 G4 e" R& x; l的确是值得深思的问题。
* b1 h8 Q2 V2 w( jLongchen Rabjam, a sage living 600 years ago, clearly saw this affliction of humans. He left us
/ e8 E1 S: g- ?% i9 A3 {  f% v6 F' \Finding Comfort and Ease in the Nature of Mind; hoping that our weary and exhausted souls
, u+ O6 P: g4 k# Z- z# bcould find some respite therein. A teaching like this condenses all the wisdom and compassion of
5 l* O3 \& m# M" xsublime masters. We need to think carefully about how not to squander this precious treasure.
0 D. ]1 E/ y. V5 [% ^2 j' E; }. E' P壬午年三月初一  9 Z; `1 i. Y" H. [2 G8 s
2002年4月13日  " O# \( \+ Q8 o" O  o0 A7 G
——书于一落英缤纷之樱花树下5 L$ w& [" d- [- L/ |- _' y# u0 r
1st of March, Year of RenWu# w1 E; @' n# E& b& J  u# L
April 13, 2002
2 P' O' n. ]2 h% `1 ~: kUnder a cherry tree with falling flower petals flying around.
. P9 p  v! d! R# V* H9 L
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

广告合作(Contact Us)|关于我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|伦敦华人网

GMT, 2024-5-18 06:39