发表于 2016-11-30 22:54 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
" d  Y) c2 W  s9 v
莲池 | Lotus Pond
闽南佛学院大殿前有一泓宽阔的莲池,晚春临近,池中的荷花也相继开放。一场春雨过后: U" j. M% _7 Y; k+ N( C
,霁日从云层里露出笑颜,照着花瓣和叶子上凝聚着的晶莹雨滴,使之散发出五彩的光芒7 p# ?' Y. k+ N
,将白色的花儿映得分外妖娆。翠绿的荷叶,如凝脂般地透出雍容华贵的气质,将莲池装& ]+ B& c2 N" {8 Z; [- V
点得生机盎然。蜻蜓、点水鸟穿梭其间,肆无忌惮地享受着花叶的芬芳;放生的鱼儿遨游
: b% G9 [) _% J+ f' Y5 T) m浅底,向莲茎诉说着自由的舒畅;岸边的树木新绿荡漾,为归燕谱写出春的乐章;往来的
* {3 l; B$ [  x# _# L僧众步履悠闲,是否已体会到“春在枝头已十分”的境界?
# |+ y& ?# [' U  HRight in front of the main hall of the Minnan Buddhist Academy, there is a large lotus pond; late
3 m2 H2 y8 ?. O% {" pin the spring, lotus flowers start to blossom one after the other. When the sun comes out smiling0 \" w0 h& ]% `! u4 g1 S
from behind the clouds after a shower; the crystalline water droplets on leaves and blossoms
* a; j: D9 `4 G' E& t* S4 p) Dsparkle brilliantly. White flowers, reflecting a riot of colors, become notably charming to the eye.4 Y2 J3 v' I7 u) D2 Q( ?
Verdant lotus leaves, ever elegant and poised, give the pond exuberant vigor; dragonflies and, D- ^# C# a- @$ P( C, k
birds glide smoothly over the pond, taking in the flowers’ fragrance to their hearts’ delight. Fish; `2 A; H* y/ I! Q
whose lives have been saved are now swimming at will in the pond, chitchatting to the flowers of3 r+ I) o0 L0 `- S" a% H: L
the marvel of freedom. The trees around the bank are bedecked with green baby buds, as if5 j* E2 N& \- R4 E' T
composing a spring symphony to welcome the returning swallows. Monks promenade leisurely
9 n; A$ u) a# x7 m3 Eand meditatively; have they felt in the air that “spring is making a full display of itself over the. m' g, A- k) F
treetops”?
- y. n5 c# Q% V这令人陶醉的春色莫非是佛菩萨的化现?身临其间,不仅身心通泰,更令我体会到“青青5 r- P: t, X$ f) K) w+ g
翠竹,无非般若;郁郁黄花,尽是法身”的深刻涵义。
+ }6 g- s' \2 a' ^2 ~! t) UThis spring scenery is utterly enchanting; could it be anything but the display of the Buddhas and
- \7 G+ [2 E0 m% _& Q: G& i$ PBodhisattvas? As I immerse myself fully in it, not only do I feel refreshed mentally and physically,
6 ]& n) y% e+ O5 q' C0 dbut also am inspired to realize the profundity of this Zen poem:
& ~4 h: p( m- G( I- z7 JBamboos, all green and vibrant, are nothing but the display of wisdom: ~7 T" ]; f% ]4 X6 z# `0 Z
Flowers, all yellow and lush, are entirely the expression of Dharmakaya./ ^# Y# P; q/ d' p/ q: V. T6 i
修建莲池的法师,可谓具有真知灼见,在修建莲池之初,即在四周建造了围墙,使这里远1 F! N8 k9 H& f, N
离了世间的喧嚣,为修行人提供了一个寂静的场所。难怪连一墙之隔的厦门大学的学子,9 L8 _) e" D7 v1 |: D3 A4 m" H
也喜欢到此温习功课,享受这佛门独具的幽静。
0 D3 t6 Q0 \$ D/ h  C0 [5 `. F+ oThe layout of this pond was well conceived by the monks who built it. Having a wall built around- \! }8 N& ^4 N( b' {
it, the pond is isolated from the noise and busyness of the city and provides a quiet retreat for* _. W; q, P) \/ h5 s+ i! b/ z
practitioners. No wonder even students from next-door neighbor Xiamen University also like to
  }6 s4 U- V1 M  mvisit here, to enjoy the unique seclusion of the monastery while doing their homework.# |8 ]! d+ q1 w9 H
想起曾见过的一副对联:“风声、水声、虫声、鸟声、梵呗声,总合三百六十五天击钟声
, a  V* g* d' Y! a+ K, F,无声不寂;月色、山色、草色、树色、云霞色,更兼四万八千丈峰峦色,有色皆空。”1 h' U! p# E/ b7 F" \+ O+ J3 s5 R- n. g, a
An antithetical couplet comes to my mind:
# N0 q4 u1 R. `- X) U( FThe sounds of wind, water, insects, birds, and chanting, all together with those of gongs of 365
1 F2 g, A8 L' K  I* }) ?days—there is no sound that is not silence.; N3 V* i5 L* w% C0 E. Z
The forms of moon, mountain, grass, tree, and sunset, as well as those of 48,000 mountains—all
: ^4 V* y; B9 d5 ~# G# u; Wforms are nothing but emptiness.- ]8 b: A% ^: a2 V
若能将之题于大殿,也许也能给人以一些启迪吧。  U3 i! L4 l3 C- H( Z
This couplet, if posted inside the main hall, may invoke some inspiration in people who read it.
% k6 E2 k; o$ D: y- i9 i在如此的环境里修行,真是令人惬意的事。我多么希望喇荣圣地也能有这样的一汪莲池啊
, s( ?) Q3 H7 I6 N: L
9 v" ?7 Y& s8 \& s' eTo do one’s spiritual practice in such a setting is quite a blessing. How I wish we could have a
( a! `( s2 E4 [! E, z  u5 jlotus pond just like this at Larung Gar!& T+ i& t% T0 a9 v6 v4 j- Q
壬午年三月初七  
8 C" r" w' F* p. n2 V% O7 @2002年4月19日  
3 f- r) s0 G1 ~书于莲池畔/ K' m6 P# x* E. y' I2 M
7th of March, Year of RenWu* L$ B& o7 G) ^. [- F  I4 L: F# G4 B
April 19, 20020 @4 g* C# o: O; v# y( T1 o
By the Lotus Pond
% v, c$ J4 s) v4 k* S! |5 n
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

广告合作(Contact Us)|关于我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|伦敦华人网

GMT, 2024-5-18 09:05