0 £
注册时间
2014-3-11
发表于 2016-11-30 22:54 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

" W& Y8 G6 Z9 d: I+ g/ m/ s
莲池 | Lotus Pond
闽南佛学院大殿前有一泓宽阔的莲池,晚春临近,池中的荷花也相继开放。一场春雨过后
' p2 N5 W( C2 n  L  p+ V  R* J,霁日从云层里露出笑颜,照着花瓣和叶子上凝聚着的晶莹雨滴,使之散发出五彩的光芒
& r; v- C6 H( m. Q: U,将白色的花儿映得分外妖娆。翠绿的荷叶,如凝脂般地透出雍容华贵的气质,将莲池装. @6 k- _/ q1 w+ D8 N) r/ i$ t
点得生机盎然。蜻蜓、点水鸟穿梭其间,肆无忌惮地享受着花叶的芬芳;放生的鱼儿遨游
8 C& {8 R- `4 |6 K) s浅底,向莲茎诉说着自由的舒畅;岸边的树木新绿荡漾,为归燕谱写出春的乐章;往来的  D. p* a' Q& K0 B  W8 c
僧众步履悠闲,是否已体会到“春在枝头已十分”的境界?( o$ Y4 y0 g3 G; g; D
Right in front of the main hall of the Minnan Buddhist Academy, there is a large lotus pond; late" d5 P% l$ J' b' {1 X% o- }% @% S
in the spring, lotus flowers start to blossom one after the other. When the sun comes out smiling" `" m" U5 b, L" K; }  X/ U
from behind the clouds after a shower; the crystalline water droplets on leaves and blossoms( M# M! x# @5 l/ C  C
sparkle brilliantly. White flowers, reflecting a riot of colors, become notably charming to the eye.
! P, m* ^6 ~: fVerdant lotus leaves, ever elegant and poised, give the pond exuberant vigor; dragonflies and+ b; M) }/ E# E1 i' \- }# q7 T
birds glide smoothly over the pond, taking in the flowers’ fragrance to their hearts’ delight. Fish
% ]% |) X: z3 Xwhose lives have been saved are now swimming at will in the pond, chitchatting to the flowers of( d% y! V& Z) P2 k: G
the marvel of freedom. The trees around the bank are bedecked with green baby buds, as if
2 l. r$ d" \6 j3 z+ ~9 a2 f  Icomposing a spring symphony to welcome the returning swallows. Monks promenade leisurely* @5 F( a# I* G, s6 U% o/ \
and meditatively; have they felt in the air that “spring is making a full display of itself over the& M4 ~9 y- g1 Y' k
treetops”?
9 m7 ^" h" _& b& E3 _' Q9 }" s这令人陶醉的春色莫非是佛菩萨的化现?身临其间,不仅身心通泰,更令我体会到“青青; a+ G, k% j  y' D+ O
翠竹,无非般若;郁郁黄花,尽是法身”的深刻涵义。. ~6 J+ U: i1 B3 r, b
This spring scenery is utterly enchanting; could it be anything but the display of the Buddhas and
' Q0 }2 D  n; {Bodhisattvas? As I immerse myself fully in it, not only do I feel refreshed mentally and physically,! b4 ?( O) ]( z6 X+ X6 i: B
but also am inspired to realize the profundity of this Zen poem:$ t( ^$ f1 W2 N* E8 Z9 \2 y3 a3 Q
Bamboos, all green and vibrant, are nothing but the display of wisdom
" N: `7 t! k3 K4 A* @' h2 s6 V( uFlowers, all yellow and lush, are entirely the expression of Dharmakaya.: f0 {4 P0 N6 c3 V
修建莲池的法师,可谓具有真知灼见,在修建莲池之初,即在四周建造了围墙,使这里远
' t0 l4 C3 }+ X$ |6 }5 @6 ]离了世间的喧嚣,为修行人提供了一个寂静的场所。难怪连一墙之隔的厦门大学的学子,5 j1 A) K! @4 L3 W
也喜欢到此温习功课,享受这佛门独具的幽静。+ d2 u& Z1 F, u8 V( b- n
The layout of this pond was well conceived by the monks who built it. Having a wall built around
3 y, D. O+ r: s* \it, the pond is isolated from the noise and busyness of the city and provides a quiet retreat for2 |3 ~6 V9 z' E. ]
practitioners. No wonder even students from next-door neighbor Xiamen University also like to
# A. `3 x8 z: B; mvisit here, to enjoy the unique seclusion of the monastery while doing their homework.
6 J0 L; `3 U* U6 i* S& U  k想起曾见过的一副对联:“风声、水声、虫声、鸟声、梵呗声,总合三百六十五天击钟声+ k7 Z8 \0 M0 a4 z
,无声不寂;月色、山色、草色、树色、云霞色,更兼四万八千丈峰峦色,有色皆空。”
7 s3 ~+ C( x6 t7 r. OAn antithetical couplet comes to my mind:
2 X0 A- c6 f7 d: M! G; J4 ]The sounds of wind, water, insects, birds, and chanting, all together with those of gongs of 365
  v9 l5 p6 I9 f6 y. [days—there is no sound that is not silence.5 |6 r# O- @. `! y8 W
The forms of moon, mountain, grass, tree, and sunset, as well as those of 48,000 mountains—all
8 A0 Y3 c! j& \* zforms are nothing but emptiness.% |+ O) w" F' [% l; U1 T6 W; v6 t5 v
若能将之题于大殿,也许也能给人以一些启迪吧。
0 c: I' t7 F) L& Y% x+ fThis couplet, if posted inside the main hall, may invoke some inspiration in people who read it.% l/ x7 C  D: S' m8 [
在如此的环境里修行,真是令人惬意的事。我多么希望喇荣圣地也能有这样的一汪莲池啊
0 f; k" [4 f, u6 F1 `. o
0 p& J6 N* E0 uTo do one’s spiritual practice in such a setting is quite a blessing. How I wish we could have a( @, Y3 {3 Q$ i; I% x
lotus pond just like this at Larung Gar!
  b4 U+ w6 R) m壬午年三月初七  
, N$ _# X8 C& A7 Y# X* w/ \2002年4月19日  4 }6 b0 g8 v+ b% w% z
书于莲池畔
) h) A% }! Q1 r1 l' {7th of March, Year of RenWu
  K' n, q9 @; EApril 19, 2002
' X4 _; n, d* u- z% n2 MBy the Lotus Pond
+ B7 y% S. w$ H4 n, i: [: ^! E8 k/ |
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

广告合作(Contact Us)|关于我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|伦敦华人网

GMT, 2024-5-18 13:22