金钱
0 £
注册时间
2014-3-11
发表于 2016-10-19 19:27 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

. S$ K: [+ x: w# Q4 D) w: P
追逐 | Crazy Pursuits
站在都市五光十色的街头,我看见世间八法的彩虹。
& ^, f6 Q( x2 P( A3 mStanding at the corner of a dazzling city street, what appears in front of me is the rainbow of the
/ h. p, S5 @9 O) Height worldly preoccupations.
1 U, f9 K/ _( R透过红灯绿酒,映出人们的一脸倦容。为了五花八门的目标,熙熙攘攘的大街上,人潮汹: Z9 w2 s; ^) f. ?
涌的股市上,推杯换盏的酒桌上,尔虞我诈的生意场上……到处都是寻求的身影。世人对, _7 B/ v" a! v) n! F
金钱和妙欲享受的追逐,已到了难以控制的程度。8 K& c! Q3 ~0 I. }! p
The glaring lights of the high life expose everyone’s weary looks. Chasing after their desires, the* I; n/ i1 N6 N( \; d
seekers rove everywhere—the hustling and bustling streets, the stock exchange floor, parties
2 N* n! B$ D9 R4 @0 ~with wining and dining, cutthroat business dealings, etc. People’s pursuit of money and pleasure% N) f* ?, w) w+ N0 E- S! [9 A
has been so fervent that it is almost out of control.
% h8 p1 C9 j3 i5 F. t$ k* H骑自行车的向往摩托车,有摩托车的渴望汽车,然后是沙漠王子、奔驰……;住一室一厅) B+ H. ~- S6 p$ N1 p
的想换五室二厅,住五室二厅的又野心勃勃地为别墅而奔波,拥有别墅的,更梦想着:春
0 t( f8 i& d" ^: N0 M" @天,推开窗户就能欣赏东京街头千树万树樱花开的盛景;夏天,足不出户就能享受阿尔卑( g/ _+ ~, t+ d* s4 ]3 `
斯山的习习凉风;秋天,在自家的花园里,便能观赏日内瓦湖的清凉月影;冬天,走出房, |2 R; D) q  w) P5 ~  ?  D/ z- B
门便能踩在夏威夷海滩细软的金沙上面……;对金钱的贪婪也到了无以复加的地步,有一5 _  P! s8 P: f2 d! u' H
万想十万,然后是一亿,反正是多多益善……" @  e* ^4 |. z; y. g, C3 h
A person who owns a bicycle dreams of a motorcycle, while one who owns a motorcycle desires
9 n- x9 K! }4 T$ {, ^! S! K( o" ^an automobile. Then the car has to be upgraded to a Land Cruiser, a Benz… A one-bedroom, one-8 T& R3 c" B! k* X8 L! |
living room apartment has to be replaced by a five-bedroom, two-living room condo. Having
  r" t5 Y  z3 D- _; `lived in the five-bedroom, two-living- room place, one gets busy to add a villa. In addition to the( D; ]) ~- ~. S: ]8 W4 A; ]3 W
villa, one keeps on dreaming: In spring, I shall open my window to the spectacular cherry. `$ N, f& X) a
blossoms in Tokyo; in summer, I could enjoy the cool breezes from the Alps right at my doorstep;  b. m* w- F% r6 F) H5 ?
in autumn, I shall marvel at the moon’s reflection in Lake Zurich leisurely in my own backyard; in" L6 Z: X  P% w* g
winter, I easily walk out from my patio onto a Hawaiian beach of fine sand…. The greed for
* S$ ^  v( B) e6 ]4 ^money, likewise, is just at its extreme—owning $10,000 makes one want to have $100,000, and
, n# ?) u$ |9 Q( |: t/ N0 b: p" _then to $100,000,000 and so on. Anyway, “the more, the better” can never be wrong., v3 ?  c' D1 w) ]; X6 Z  W
追求的方向令人眼花缭乱,追求的对境也是令人难以企及。然而,却从未有人考虑过贪欲0 ]& b0 M- a. y* @7 P
的副作用,不知道这一切完全是作茧自缚。要知道,欲望的沟壑永远也无法填平。只能令
( y- x, i0 f1 |/ u& Q. c7 `自己为之所囿。忙忙碌碌,徒增烦恼。然而,不论如何苦心经营,风光一世,到头来也不9 x1 W# h9 k; _; `
过“一抔净土掩风流”而已。
- m% Y% E* V& }  r' u4 C$ IThe courses of pursuit make one dazed while the goals get harder for one to reach. Yet, few have
1 Y& L  k6 Y5 q- S6 W# tthought through the untoward effects of craving; people don’t see that they are becoming7 b1 ^+ p" a* }# i
ensnared in a web of their own spinning. It should be understood that the pit of desire could
( a5 E- p" j: D  u+ h3 Unever be filled to the top; it only buries oneself. Endless toil and drudgery only pile up, Q; J7 `- n' o: {2 V
defilement. No matter how painstakingly one has schemed or how glorious one’s life has been, in
: X3 U7 U; D: K# v" s5 ]7 q8 ithe end there is nothing left but a pile of earth over ashes of splendor.
+ `2 e" g: t2 M- L( f+ Z7 e8 x4 F  P; d《圣经》中也记载,亚当因为有了欲望而不得不离开伊甸园,以辛勤劳作维持生计。夏娃
: ~- L, \3 m7 _& N不得不付出生孩子的痛苦代价。可见痛苦是人们咎由自取的结果,没有欲望也就没有痛苦
. L$ ^7 l. f9 l% A2 a5 K- u! h
The Bible tells the story of how Adam was forced to leave the Garden of Eden after he became
* B5 x. E2 R# V: jdesirous. He then had to make a living with hard labor. Eve had to pay the price by going through
) Q# t; h7 H7 d6 U$ Q& Xthe pain of childbirth. Hence suffering is no one’s fault but one’s own. If there were no desire,
6 Y  l: c0 [$ `  U  bthere would be no suffering.
" G9 k0 ~1 j/ N; C# |% H心宽何须室大,智渊何求财多?千百年来,为了追逐享受,人们付出了沉重的代价,实在3 [3 A' K$ B0 `
应该记取这一惨痛教训。
6 u# B: ]) f: Y8 Y" B$ `Who needs a big house when one’s mind is spacious? Who needs a lot of money when one is rich
- b( P$ g( Y5 a# C- {% Cin wisdom? Since time immemorial, humans have paid dearly for chasing after pleasure. Isn’t it
; Z5 F3 t0 y8 Y% @+ E" a8 W$ B( G5 oabout time that we take lessons from bitter experiences?
$ G) k! {9 U7 }  [无垢光尊者在600多年前就知道人们的这一病患,留下了《大圆满心性休息》,希望精疲力
0 l' X- p% n5 ^% W$ B8 H竭的人们能依此而得以休憩。前辈大德凝聚着智悲精华的教言,如何不被我们白白浪费,2 I9 e# o! P. C7 M
的确是值得深思的问题。$ L8 O9 ^, H- g. B+ E
Longchen Rabjam, a sage living 600 years ago, clearly saw this affliction of humans. He left us
4 t, h- G3 Z2 p( l. SFinding Comfort and Ease in the Nature of Mind; hoping that our weary and exhausted souls
) ^( s2 u  Z% jcould find some respite therein. A teaching like this condenses all the wisdom and compassion of' Q" R# Y: i! }2 o0 c9 J8 v+ s# _
sublime masters. We need to think carefully about how not to squander this precious treasure.
0 O. u: w' m0 m% L4 ~1 _壬午年三月初一  
3 B) z/ l7 Q7 u0 c) v1 [; P2002年4月13日  9 k" {" i* _" T6 A7 v7 x
——书于一落英缤纷之樱花树下$ J' `7 n3 K2 R$ R+ g; C
1st of March, Year of RenWu2 }  M6 S  a3 @0 C7 z( ]; G
April 13, 2002
9 e/ }% I9 B- XUnder a cherry tree with falling flower petals flying around.
: s( |4 C' z+ f) t- ^
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

广告合作(Contact Us)|关于我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|伦敦华人网

GMT, 2024-6-1 23:01