388 点
金钱
0 £
注册时间
2014-3-11
发表于 2016-6-29 21:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
安忍 | Heroic Perseverance

/ D0 I6 y  s2 u9 ]& u: _) K3 o0 g2 p  p多部经论都认为安忍是六度中最难修持圆满的。《入菩萨行论》云:“罪恶莫过嗔,难行莫
. _" f  }% |. D# T, ]胜忍,故应以众理,努力修安忍。”在世间也有“忍字头上一把刀”的说法。- l- c# K! i- n* Y# @, Y6 C
Scores of sutras and shastras state that patience, or heroic perseverance, is the most difficult to
, B0 L+ U7 ]1 laccomplish among the Six Perfections. Thus A Guide to the Bodhisattva Way of Life says:. m& l) B/ C1 ?6 |7 q
There is no evil similar to anger and no austerity equal to forbearance.2 s% [# {& K" m
Thus I should strive in all ways to develop forbearance, with great effort.9 f7 Z; M* P4 z9 `0 ?
尤其面对无缘无故的侮辱,无中生有的诽谤,很多的修行人都难以做到如如不动,视若虹
: i7 J0 Q* A- D7 v2 o1 n3 u7 B霓。# W8 I, L7 R% {
It’s also common to say: “The Chinese ideogram ‘patience’ is epitomized by having a knife
; g, B9 x. y7 Kdangling over your head.” When being insulted unjustifiably or slandered for no reason, hardly
' G# g% N$ n( p/ Ganyone, many spiritual practitioners included, can remain undisturbed while seeing the attacks * h& [' l/ g" Y0 x8 i) F9 f
as insubstantial rainbows.
+ V& P2 S- a1 z% H' R- E# \! ^本师释迦牟尼佛曾转世为一外道仙人,名忍力,他发愿永远不对任何众生生嗔恨心。当时
% E9 u  |. k; v有一恶意魔王为摧毁忍力的安忍之法,就幻化出专门毁坏别人安忍功德之一千人,用咒语; D* Z) q' l4 y$ L/ n6 a
诅咒忍力,用妄语肆意对忍力横加诽谤,还在大庭广众之中用常人难以启齿之言词羞辱他
4 L; \( g/ b+ f& i# D。这些人还于忍力行、住、坐、卧之时加害于他,如此等非理之行竟持续长达八万四千年
0 z+ P8 z1 i+ U1 n, i$ I之久。
$ t. ?& ^6 n* `, e6 S5 KBuddha Shakyamuni was once reborn as a rishi named Patience Power who had vowed never to
0 t) n, h8 ]/ I' Nget angry at any beings. Mara, intending to destroy the quality Patience Power had attained,
# _- `( m; Q/ ^) s; D6 s: I' tmanifested one thousand beings who knew exactly how to demolish the perseverance quality of
5 Q* f% A0 u7 }: J* j. l* c' {8 yothers. They cursed him with malicious mantras, defamed him recklessly with false accusations, : d; k. Y( h- [' M  k& a  Q4 w5 S
and humiliated him in public with unspeakable sordid words. They inflicted harm on him in all his 9 {; y' `  _* h! z+ v9 w, \
activities of walking, sitting, standing, and sleeping; these kinds of horrendous attacks continued 3 ]( b- N5 q4 `0 A& S
for 84,000 years.2 R9 i  [' P9 V, ?! s' W
当仙人前往城市之时,这些恶性众生竟用不净粪浇洒在仙人头上、所捧钵孟中以及衣服上
* g" C" U$ K# `+ A9 S  y  w,还用扫帚猛击其头部,但他根本没有生起丝毫的嗔恨心与报复之意。不管别人如何待他( j1 ]6 i% h+ j5 B  m- k
,他从未想过以牙还牙,从未怒目相向,从未恶口相加,甚至诸如“我到底做错何事”之类  _: l. q) |* f8 p( b) ?
言词都未曾说过。并且心中暗自发愿:为难以调伏之众生利益,我誓修无上菩提,一定要
) E! [7 p" g# G% T' Z# ^首先度化此等众生。
6 [( F" \% K& vWhen rishi Patience Power went to town, these unruly assailants sprayed putrid feces over his
1 N* r8 \# S! t) @/ b$ S/ G, d) u% lhead, into his begging bowl, and onto his clothes, and even hit his head forcefully with brooms.
; O0 ?3 {2 |4 {6 C  N8 J$ w6 d2 eBut Patience Power never had a trace of anger arise in him, nor did he have the slightest 0 c: c# t+ O8 b
intention of revenge. No matter what assault was afflicted upon him, he never thought of & s7 Q" G- @9 p/ a
avenging an eye for an eye, nor did he cast furious glares or use harsh words. Questions such as: 7 y7 V/ I, ~! C) F+ {7 u
“What have I done wrong?” were not heard from him either. Instead, he made his wishes 4 [, [* q6 j, T- R; ?
silently: “For benefiting these recalcitrant beings, I vow to practice the Dharma to attain supreme / o( Z! b/ @: ]2 g+ t! _
enlightenment. Thereafter, my top priority will be to lead these beings to Buddhahood.”* E  ]4 ^& o9 H4 Q0 t" r
日本的白隐禅师也以修安忍而着称于世。曾经有位姑娘与一男子有染而生下一子,姑娘怕
9 [6 T& ]) x! Y2 J虔信佛法的父母谴责,就告知父母乃白隐禅师所为。因其父母对白隐禅师一直尊敬有加,
5 M: v& `, |8 @: U! V. d以为此法可免父母责难。这可害苦了白隐禅师,不明真相的父母听信女儿谗言,抱着刚生
* H4 Y& [1 K9 F+ I下的婴儿,扔给白隐禅师并说道:“你这个败坏佛门清规戒律的假和尚,以前我们没有看清
. e. y, z9 y1 B8 W: B/ k5 X1 }你的丑恶面目,蒙受你的欺骗。没想到你竟然做出如此禽兽不如的勾当,这是你的儿子,
3 N. V/ `  v- l9 O& e1 L! |$ G& U2 x# j你拿去吧!” 白隐禅师淡淡地说了声:“是这样吗?”就默默地接过孩子。姑娘的父母更以为
- z' X% c6 j# ]0 m- @3 R没有冤枉白隐禅师,便将此事到处传播。人们一刹那间都知道了白隐禅师的“丑恶行径”,3 y; P7 q5 w( U7 U; t# C
纷纷白眼相视。
3 X8 }/ ~' D3 a+ \9 t5 `- |" u5 FZen Master Bai Yin of Japan is noted for his accomplishment in patience. There was once a young
% [' ~' A4 ?4 `+ B$ }5 omaiden who gave birth to a baby sired by her boyfriend. To avoid being punished by her parents ; U% G! o0 F, Z" C6 B
who were devout Buddhists, she lied to them that the baby’s father was the Zen master. As her & @: m( w  X3 M( z
parents had high respect for the master, the maiden thought she could be vindicated. Little did
7 q2 j! }7 G  |1 s: {she know that her account brought tremendous hardship for Master Bai Yin. Her parents,
1 h; Q$ C0 X6 Qignorant of the facts and believing their daughter, brought the newborn infant to the master and
$ u! j4 h5 E1 F! g: {said, “You fake monk, you have transgressed the precepts of the Buddha; we had been blind to 3 C8 u) O, Z$ A1 I- M9 g3 D" d
your ugliness and were deceived by you. You are worse than a beast to commit such a dirty deal. . L, {, }2 W9 k* U% D" M8 D
Here is your son, take him!” The master responded gently: “Ah, is that so!” and received the
3 x! B; O# N; ~5 G6 Kbaby without saying another word. The parents took his silence as a justification to their   h6 t1 y2 b! v0 e# w* x
accusation, and scattered the news all around. Everyone came to know of Master Bai Yin’s : ^- W4 [7 O4 b9 w" G. O
“repulsive behavior,” and they all looked down on him.
# z$ c& W' P8 k+ n* g" j白隐禅师抱着虚弱的婴儿,到刚生过孩子的人家乞求奶水,那些人家都说:“哼!要不是看8 B2 r6 t0 g# q- Y
在可怜孩子的份上,才不会给你呢!”7 _7 q9 z# d& ^  A7 C2 A1 V, n
Holding the feeble infant, Master Bai Yin trudged to households where newborns lived with their , [; F# X  p# \0 q) d. Q
families and begged for milk. They said scornfully: “Humph, were it not for the sake of the poor ( `  P, p6 {6 C4 G' l! [
baby, we would not give anything to you!”
* |7 ]- D  w. Q$ a时间一天天过去了,姑娘的良心备受痛苦的煎熬,她不能再看到人们对白隐禅师的不公正2 p( ]9 m4 ?( U$ L1 g
待遇,终于向父母坦白了一切。当姑娘父母万分羞愧地来到白隐禅师面前忏悔时,他仍然
6 t% o9 x( a3 T4 q. y8 c3 }是那句话:“是这样吗?”) i( d. H# X9 m* u
As time passed, the young maiden’s conscience was tortured severely; she no longer could bear
5 t/ ]1 ~5 s) j  m, A" |to see the unjust public treatment of Master Bai Yin and confessed to her parents. Master Bai
4 U6 h3 L8 Y1 T8 RYin, when receiving the extremely repentant parents begging for forgiveness, responded gently 7 U1 t+ }. K8 g& S3 p
in the same way: “Ah, is that so!”
+ ^6 `, y5 i& @5 g6 ?这是多么普通的一句话啊!但要能以平常心说出这句话,绝不是“未经一番寒彻骨”之凡夫
* c  {$ k) z$ H7 A  Q所能为之的。这些先辈们高义薄云之安忍品德,什么时候能真正融入我的相续?1 ~! u* s' d% l1 ]  T. z% p/ ]% u* g
What a plain sentence is this one! However, to say it calmly is not possible for any ordinary 7 S: z  L& U% _# ~+ R  ]. T
person who has not been tempered through thick and thin. The extraordinary quality of & p3 i3 v/ n) e; v! M5 I6 J; v
forbearance as demonstrated by the sages of the past is truly remarkable. When will it truly
& B$ a* G2 T7 H3 `' Apermeate my mind?
% Q! ?; T* N! Y& m+ \' t8 E3 r壬午年二月十一日  + S# J$ K3 B/ K/ T% e
2002年3月25日7 \# R( L* r# T, S( q
11th of February, Year of RenWu
6 P  I  i& k5 b% H7 O' P" c  L; LMarch 25, 20026 C/ W: b. ^) Y8 [
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

广告合作(Contact Us)|关于我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|伦敦华人网

GMT, 2024-5-14 00:07