注册时间
2014-3-11
发表于 2016-9-14 07:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

! {3 B5 w; N0 j% z/ ?# k/ B/ V5 S1 b
失败 | On Failure
世间的人,不管是市井白丁还是朝廷命官,人人都希望为一己之利而拼搏。凡事务求一帆" a. Q1 @4 z: s8 H
风顺,经不起半点挫折。其实,失败也未必一无是处。有一句古训说得好:“祸兮福所倚9 g% r, C& g. E! `' N9 u
,福兮祸所伏”。
2 k2 D: g$ J& y1 ^8 r) a" |. N6 S) JPeople in the world, be they illiterate hillbillies or government luminaries, all eagerly strive to
- i/ m  \/ `) X7 ^. Efulfill their own interests. When doing anything, they want nothing but smooth sailing and
' {# K. [% A" f: Q' f2 b9 ~cannot bear the tiniest setbacks. But in fact, failure is not necessarily without merit. There is this- _  f2 Z3 O* X. U
adage:
( c/ o' X: d, q4 H8 @& fMisfortune, that is where happiness depends;7 q! E; l- e1 L& v8 K: F8 z
Happiness, that is where misfortune underlies.* W. A$ R0 G& p6 P+ O/ \7 f6 z9 U
汉地近代高僧弘一法师,是集诗、词、书画、篆刻、音乐、戏剧、文学于一身的才子,先
  @: Q3 r6 S) X! K8 \% s7 |后培养出了名画家丰子恺、音乐家刘质平等一些文化名人。真可谓风流倜傥,才华盖世。
! W0 u& K0 F8 ?2 ?" K+ D1 T出家后苦心向佛,过午不食,精研律学,被佛门弟子奉为律宗第十一代世祖。他为世人留! z# K7 K- V. W+ e9 C$ t8 G: `
下了咀嚼不尽的精神财富,是中国绚丽至极而归于平淡的典型人物。
7 f5 _1 p2 p% F" }3 s# ^# DThe contemporary eminent Chinese Buddhist monk Hong Yi was extremely gifted in poetry, ci
+ R& F1 q6 J& @6 ^+ O) X(verse), painting, calligraphy, seal cutting, music, drama, and literature. He has also mentored a1 u0 J' R5 Y" D5 S
number of celebrated artists such as Feng Zikai and the musician Liu Zhiping. Master Hong Yi had
0 X* i$ ^3 H3 n0 A+ aa carefree and elegant bearing and his achievement in arts and letters was unsurpassed in his% o7 ^; n' x; y5 m4 P2 g8 W6 y
time. After he chose to be ordained as a monk, he studied unremittingly Buddha’s teachings and: Z! B! Q2 u$ T5 G( s0 O  a
abided the sparing fare of no food after midday. He dedicated himself particularly to Vinaya. q+ G! p" v& y% m. A+ x4 d7 `) g
pitaka and is revered as the 11th lineage holder of the Vinaya School. He has left a rich spiritual
: n% V- B9 ~; f) w/ k4 qlegacy for future generations; in China, he stood out as a model figure whose life underwent a
& V/ Z3 ]; D, Z' qtransformation from utter glory to utmost humbleness.
1 I$ c0 H5 `) e# O; x他在《闽南十年之梦影》中说道:“我的心情是很特别的,我只希望我的事情失败。因为: B6 M. S) R1 h4 x. v
事情失败和不完满,这才使我发大惭愧,能够晓得自己的德行欠缺,自己的修养不足。那
+ J) t" o  P7 Z7 ?我才可努力用功,努力改过迁善。无论什么事情,总希望它失败。失败才会发大惭愧。倘) r& b/ u" j: @
若因成功而得意,那就不得了啦。”我特别喜欢背诵这段文字,这种有悖常人的思维,正
/ ^! h3 D: O: f* L& o: _0 K  t说明了法师的谦逊与大智大悟。
6 g* U* C- K" Q0 ^0 l( Q! B% Y& jHe wrote in Dreams of 10 Years in Minnan: “I have a rather peculiar mindset these days: I only( t+ E  R" H1 h7 c
wish for failure in the things I do. It is because failure and imperfection can make me feel humble
2 Q5 C3 O0 `. s8 g" O7 land abashed. Only then will I see my own inadequacies and lack of qualities, and strive to correct  h) Q  _, W4 G3 n! n* `
myself for the better. Whatever I do, I invariably hope I will fail; failure teaches me humility.) |- V' D* t; q
Should I become successful, I might be puffed up with arrogance, which would be disastrous!”0 R0 o' S6 V( n# `
This passage is my favorite to memorize, as the master’s unconventional way of thinking reveals
7 C7 U  U* x- e; v6 m% S7 o. y6 rhis extraordinary realization and modesty.$ K# y$ g4 d$ @+ b* ^( F
无垢光尊者在《窍诀宝藏论》中的最深要诀之一即是:“灭除我执恒自取失败。”朗日塘
+ @$ y/ p, v8 L8 e; Z9 X1 N2 M巴尊者也有“亏损失败我取受,胜利利益奉献他”的遗训,与弘一法师的话相比,实有异& U8 g6 f* F" y1 {
曲同工之妙。不怕失败,敢于失败,真为大丈夫之胆识。6 Q1 I+ p7 y  L  q2 z. M
One of the most profound teachings of the Omniscient Longchenpa in The Precious Treasury of
. R. V3 b: }4 t2 @  J% D- X* aPith Instructions is: “One must cut off self-clinging and choose failure always.” Langri Tangpa also) W/ W/ J. L. P, }9 P( m
left the teaching:
! A0 e# I. \( _1 P+ BMay I take upon myself the defeat. b* h1 v, d- v# c; D! x* Q7 ]
And offer to others the victory.: y2 O: C; ~9 i! E
These teachings are fortunate coincidences with what Master Hong Yi has to say. The prowess of" U# m+ O% R# e9 n3 q% U
a truly brave man, after all, lies in his capacity to be unafraid of failure and willingly embrace
! o4 U7 I  s1 P- x% [failure.2 y) `$ P# l; D/ B) B
关于如何面对失败,世间也积累了不少以辨证的眼光看问题的格言,如 “塞翁失马,焉知
+ m4 O  ~7 ~; n% q非福。”“生于忧患,死于安乐。”而且,有不少的世间人,也懂得迂回的路必有其收获4 @5 C* o% g% Z# L) }
。作家罗兰曾说过:“在人生途中,你每走一步,就必定会得一步的经验。不管这一步是
% S, B! {# K2 S* d, H6 ~对还是错,‘对’有对的收获,‘错’有错的教训。绕远路,走错路的结果,你就恰如迷
) R+ p1 H. m4 ]路走入深山,别人为你的危险焦急惋惜之际,你却采集了一些珍奇的花果,获得了一些罕& a' j3 O4 \7 F$ ]0 M9 n1 J
见的鸟兽。而且你多认了一段路,多锻炼出一分坚强与胆量。”
) G9 g6 u6 S. P4 k5 O; AThere are many proverbs in the world on how to face failure squarely. Many are the fruition of
, L' w5 \2 w2 [' O" Wvalid analyses, such as: “When the old man lost his mare, who could have guessed it was a
8 y/ X. U4 C8 oblessing in disguise? A loss may well turn out to be a gain,” and, “In adversity, we thrive; in
- E' A7 a+ J% K$ P% g. @% ccomfort, we perish.” Many people also appreciate that a convoluted path is bound to provide
- s3 _  r: }: O/ m5 Z, H: Esome kind of reward. Writer Ruo Lan once said: “In life, every step we take brings the experience) Y% Z7 w7 |8 F  y4 f4 N8 M( c: p
of that one step. This has nothing to do with whether the step is right or wrong. The ‘right’ one
. W5 K4 o) ^- Y6 ?' L: c7 kyields the right reward. The ‘wrong’ one presents lessons from being wrong. Taking the longer
8 q9 \( o* W# x+ Aroute or walking on the wrong path is just like being lost in the deep mountains. While people
$ ~2 P/ _- z4 c) Yare worrying and bemoaning your safety, you hit the opportunity to collect rare flowers and
1 ]9 M! d- J8 N& @8 X& {berries, and you spot exceptional birds and animals. In addition, having to cover the extra
- s; |: V" B* G" w& {- \! D$ Udistance, you have cultivated extra courage and tenacity.”
0 H+ v) q& H- G+ x. L0 h若能勇敢地面对失败,则将尝到其中的甘甜滋味。6 s/ q" B/ e  {- r+ U# G) [
If we face failure bravely, we shall come to enjoy its sweet taste.0 ^! K  w7 X- M: ?& d
壬午年二月二十日  $ w: O' u6 Q# c0 z- @1 v
2002年4月2日
, ~9 M# `$ A' Q20th of February, Year of RenWu) C% N* B8 J. z
April 2, 2002
0 |% W% ^# n) f7 j: r- d4 N
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

广告合作(Contact Us)|关于我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|伦敦华人网

GMT, 2024-5-14 11:56