金钱
0 £
注册时间
2014-3-11
发表于 2016-10-19 19:27 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
. A5 B; q3 x! z5 P9 ?- N% s* v
追逐 | Crazy Pursuits
站在都市五光十色的街头,我看见世间八法的彩虹。
- a0 V! @# P9 m: P, ^8 kStanding at the corner of a dazzling city street, what appears in front of me is the rainbow of the
6 u3 j* ^, Q( o# V% {# o& height worldly preoccupations.
2 f0 i7 W6 n: h% y; `透过红灯绿酒,映出人们的一脸倦容。为了五花八门的目标,熙熙攘攘的大街上,人潮汹5 L, j9 S$ k% \/ u+ d" Q1 H
涌的股市上,推杯换盏的酒桌上,尔虞我诈的生意场上……到处都是寻求的身影。世人对
5 f# H$ o* p- k金钱和妙欲享受的追逐,已到了难以控制的程度。. w6 D7 I( }" t/ R, h( o
The glaring lights of the high life expose everyone’s weary looks. Chasing after their desires, the
4 W' o* d0 b4 ~. {0 vseekers rove everywhere—the hustling and bustling streets, the stock exchange floor, parties/ c3 I9 d0 I; o4 |3 ~6 w
with wining and dining, cutthroat business dealings, etc. People’s pursuit of money and pleasure
) l& Y+ P2 U5 ~5 Uhas been so fervent that it is almost out of control." o: o/ A& I3 R7 I3 V5 t
骑自行车的向往摩托车,有摩托车的渴望汽车,然后是沙漠王子、奔驰……;住一室一厅
! v' m/ k+ n( z3 S0 e( T$ o$ o的想换五室二厅,住五室二厅的又野心勃勃地为别墅而奔波,拥有别墅的,更梦想着:春8 d0 c8 f' g# f$ o; L1 H8 I$ Z! j! @9 L
天,推开窗户就能欣赏东京街头千树万树樱花开的盛景;夏天,足不出户就能享受阿尔卑
8 @9 X9 X% k7 I4 }. Q0 f1 l' F斯山的习习凉风;秋天,在自家的花园里,便能观赏日内瓦湖的清凉月影;冬天,走出房
& g; m. S, G$ g: @# o. _门便能踩在夏威夷海滩细软的金沙上面……;对金钱的贪婪也到了无以复加的地步,有一
% C+ f  N/ ]) {万想十万,然后是一亿,反正是多多益善……
( Z8 d- S1 x$ G1 w; [A person who owns a bicycle dreams of a motorcycle, while one who owns a motorcycle desires
" \0 X& q# \' `/ D5 Gan automobile. Then the car has to be upgraded to a Land Cruiser, a Benz… A one-bedroom, one-/ r' D: C4 c; }
living room apartment has to be replaced by a five-bedroom, two-living room condo. Having
; K0 V4 D* b, O: `4 blived in the five-bedroom, two-living- room place, one gets busy to add a villa. In addition to the
, |2 ~# w" ?0 pvilla, one keeps on dreaming: In spring, I shall open my window to the spectacular cherry9 |0 |& B5 i9 M/ z* n6 }
blossoms in Tokyo; in summer, I could enjoy the cool breezes from the Alps right at my doorstep;' n3 O' S6 m3 d; G
in autumn, I shall marvel at the moon’s reflection in Lake Zurich leisurely in my own backyard; in
0 P' b- z. Z- h3 d) E4 A; Uwinter, I easily walk out from my patio onto a Hawaiian beach of fine sand…. The greed for% [1 y1 v) C4 _% r: R. [6 o
money, likewise, is just at its extreme—owning $10,000 makes one want to have $100,000, and
+ v% N9 C# ?: }$ I) x% Vthen to $100,000,000 and so on. Anyway, “the more, the better” can never be wrong.
3 g6 _- a$ f1 _2 Q0 U* X0 o( y3 f追求的方向令人眼花缭乱,追求的对境也是令人难以企及。然而,却从未有人考虑过贪欲+ o/ W" y) d6 _. ]# a( s
的副作用,不知道这一切完全是作茧自缚。要知道,欲望的沟壑永远也无法填平。只能令+ R/ T$ a3 v0 j5 q$ M
自己为之所囿。忙忙碌碌,徒增烦恼。然而,不论如何苦心经营,风光一世,到头来也不% n3 x# A( g( @9 C( x! F
过“一抔净土掩风流”而已。
/ O4 x& \9 @9 {0 v% `The courses of pursuit make one dazed while the goals get harder for one to reach. Yet, few have( b, c$ D/ s; Q% ?/ d! t/ }% ], V
thought through the untoward effects of craving; people don’t see that they are becoming& ?8 M  E+ s) U+ y# F
ensnared in a web of their own spinning. It should be understood that the pit of desire could
; N9 K& _, Z3 `" a) j& R. cnever be filled to the top; it only buries oneself. Endless toil and drudgery only pile up
, C$ V$ ]0 x0 n. d4 A' edefilement. No matter how painstakingly one has schemed or how glorious one’s life has been, in0 S2 ^6 r2 X+ I' E; z- K7 a' X
the end there is nothing left but a pile of earth over ashes of splendor.1 o) ]  y% {. D' y; K2 {/ Y
《圣经》中也记载,亚当因为有了欲望而不得不离开伊甸园,以辛勤劳作维持生计。夏娃
: ^  P- s! v, @/ x# }: _2 e- x不得不付出生孩子的痛苦代价。可见痛苦是人们咎由自取的结果,没有欲望也就没有痛苦8 T1 k; e5 H& \/ ?

& E/ d9 m* \% uThe Bible tells the story of how Adam was forced to leave the Garden of Eden after he became
) G- |2 d) l  g2 vdesirous. He then had to make a living with hard labor. Eve had to pay the price by going through
% O9 o. C' h9 n; N8 h& ythe pain of childbirth. Hence suffering is no one’s fault but one’s own. If there were no desire,
9 a7 i! B8 m. w/ o* M! b" k9 B& Pthere would be no suffering.$ B) x2 g0 e  i3 N
心宽何须室大,智渊何求财多?千百年来,为了追逐享受,人们付出了沉重的代价,实在
* W( W. T& G1 V! Y, k应该记取这一惨痛教训。, n0 q/ R' }* F. ~* V2 H, |
Who needs a big house when one’s mind is spacious? Who needs a lot of money when one is rich% Y4 `( N2 E" Q8 M1 t/ s7 m
in wisdom? Since time immemorial, humans have paid dearly for chasing after pleasure. Isn’t it8 y, K* g5 \) e2 }8 }' _
about time that we take lessons from bitter experiences?6 z& A! H8 T: d: K5 |+ i' ]. ?/ _9 t
无垢光尊者在600多年前就知道人们的这一病患,留下了《大圆满心性休息》,希望精疲力1 c* G: [% @9 ^+ y) p$ Y! J
竭的人们能依此而得以休憩。前辈大德凝聚着智悲精华的教言,如何不被我们白白浪费,
! [. `1 n1 H. M$ f的确是值得深思的问题。
8 O9 V/ ^2 g; e  _( g1 \Longchen Rabjam, a sage living 600 years ago, clearly saw this affliction of humans. He left us! o6 B% Z, z9 b! o; G+ O9 t
Finding Comfort and Ease in the Nature of Mind; hoping that our weary and exhausted souls
# s, X8 {' C/ d, f7 ~4 `could find some respite therein. A teaching like this condenses all the wisdom and compassion of
2 D" {7 F3 A3 T( lsublime masters. We need to think carefully about how not to squander this precious treasure.8 e' `" h- J6 k8 P* X7 |
壬午年三月初一  
: f' R: h7 Q; H# t9 G1 A+ a2002年4月13日  
) L' W: T7 y( A0 l——书于一落英缤纷之樱花树下
1 M1 l2 ~& y# x5 J( }* b1st of March, Year of RenWu
% q3 u7 ]0 |5 ?. H& zApril 13, 2002
( `. A3 W3 i5 G; A  T" B* \Under a cherry tree with falling flower petals flying around.
  I+ A8 _, f) V
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

广告合作(Contact Us)|关于我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|伦敦华人网

GMT, 2024-5-18 05:40